Notices

Who does the grocery shopping?

Old 12-11-2012, 02:28 PM
FitDay Member

Lately we've both been doing the food shopping together. But though he does SO MUCH around the house, I'm better at the food shopping. When he goes, I get about 30 phone calls from him minutely describing things and asking questions. I don't get it: an amazing businessman/brilliant mathematical mind but he can't buy a navel orange without phone support?
Old 12-13-2012, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

My parents buy their stuff and I buy mine since they can't seem to get in their heads the idea that white meat is healthier than chocolates.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

I'm the one who cooks, and I know what food/casserole swaps (see note at end of post) are planned, so I make the list and we go together.

Food/casserole swaps happen between my niece, her daughter and myself. When any one of us makes a oven\time-intensive dish (meatloaf, lasagna, roasted chicken, or any type of casserole or soup) we make three and package two for the freezer. Once or twice a week, we get together and swap. Yesterday I went with two batches of turkey asparagus bake and two batches of Santa Fe Chicken. I came home with an eggplant lasagna, a batch of homemade French onion soup, a low-fat King Ranch casserole, and a half-dozen low-fat bean burritos -- all ready for the freezer.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

I do the majority of the shopping. My boyfriend will go Saturday morning if we're out of bacon or something because we have a tradition of cooking a nice breakfast every Saturday. But other than that, I am mostly in charge of shopping. He likes to come along, just to be with me, but he pushes the cart and follows while I actually pick the food.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:44 PM
FitDay Member

I do the grocery shopping, my husband is disabled and retired. I tend to buy what he wants, I am the enabler that ruins our diets.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:24 PM
FitDay Member

I suggest you to try kodwhat.com because it has a huge collection of grocery and accessories, it offers a different kind of online shopping packages.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 05-13-2014 at 07:27 PM. Reason: removed link to spam
Old 07-28-2014, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

I do all of the shopping. I really would not want to do it any other way either – if I let my partner pick up the groceries I know that half of the food in the bag would be junk food and the other half would be something that I did not need.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:43 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Loven1964
I do all of the shopping. I really would not want to do it any other way either – if I let my partner pick up the groceries I know that half of the food in the bag would be junk food and the other half would be something that I did not need.
I hear you. I had a recent hospital stay. I hadn't done the shopping before being rushed to emergency, so the family had to take care of themselves.
I had to stop and shop on my way home from the CCU. Three people had shopped while I was away.
My husband bought Ritz Crackers, Coke, and Pringles.
My son bought bread and frozen chicken patties.
My daughter bought marshmallows and frozen mixed vegetables.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

We like to shop together. It gives a chance to argue in public.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:06 AM
Super Moderator

'It gives a chance to argue in public. '

Nothing like a good food fight!