Need:  dry frizzy hair help >

Need: dry frizzy hair help

Community
Notices

Need: dry frizzy hair help

Old 06-11-2011, 09:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default Need: dry frizzy hair help

My hair is really dry and frizzy...on a humid day it looks as though it shrivels into a wild mess. I have tried soo so many things from expensive to cheap...salon to homemade. So now I'm washing and conditioning with pureolgy for colour treated hair which promises to add moisture to damaged hair I'm also trying a product called cholesterol. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it worthwhile? When buying this I also bought a tub of coconut oil..anyone try that? Did it help? .. or was this just another bad product. I've read reviews/opinions/sales pitches - but to actual see it from someone 'real' would help.

Last edited by krestail; 06-11-2011 at 09:30 AM. Reason: type o in title -- sorry - can't change it (hahaha)
Old 06-14-2011, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

I'd love to reply to this since it's my favorite fight, my hair!
It's my own fault, because I want it very long and it is curly and I don't want to have to 'do' my hair, ya know? Sounds impossible when i write it down and it has been until about a year ago I found my magical potion.

So here's what I have:
First shampoo and condition daily. It takes some getting used to, but with using 'product' build up is a problem.

Next, I brush it wet and add a Sally's brand leave in conditioner. It's called Biotera and it's about $6 for a big bottle. I put it in while my hair is wet.

Next, I use a mousse. There are a couple that work- Schwarzkopf got2be Kinky curling mousse is my favorite. I get it in the grocery store or pharmacy for under $5. Loreal makes a good one too.

So pile the whole mess on top of your head and secure loosely with a toothed clip. When you get to work (or play) let it out of the pinchy and let it air dry. Shiny, curly, not stiff.
The rules are:
1)Don't touch your hair!
2)hat, ponytail,combs- all bad
3)never, ever , ever comb or brush your hair after the first time out of the shower.
4) Don't touch your hair!

LOL, I think about this a lot, can you tell?
Old 06-14-2011, 08:14 AM
FitDay Member

oh I love it... I'll be sure to give it a try. If you ever feel like experimenting again try the coconut oil as a deep conditioner. It doesn't weigh your hair down and I have shiny healthy curls back; not a wad of frizz...this has to be my best find yet.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

I've had dry and frizzy hair most of my life. I've tried everything from "dry hair" shampoos to leave in conditioners. Nothing worked too well. I recently switched to baby shampoo (Aveeno) and that did the trick.

I found the trick online. I read that shampoos have harsh sulfates in them which dry the hair and scalp. Apparently the sulfates they use in baby shampoos are much gentler.