Notices

November Blues

Old 11-01-2011, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default November Blues

Does anyone else have a problem when the days get shorter and it's dark when you leave to go to or come home from work? From now till Dec 21st is my worst time of the year.

This year I plan on getting out into some of the limited sunshine we have. I may also have to plan an escape in early December.

Mary
Old 11-01-2011, 09:05 AM
FitDay Member

I used to have that problem. But moving south seems to have fixed much of those blues. Sometimes we get 60 degree days in December just to offset the usual cold (mostly above freezing).

If I still lived north, especially where you are I'd have to invest in a sun lamp.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:52 AM
FitDay Member

I do not have that problem in November, January maybe. I counter it with exercise and more sleep. My brain/body are sun wired, it doesn't matter what that clock says I'm up when the sun hits a certain point, same for going to sleep. Fall back is fine with me, Spring forward however is a serious pain in the ass.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

I have a similar issue. I have given up on trying to explain Seasonal Affective Disorder to people and just shorten it to "I lose my effing mind during the winter." I'm very sun dependent for mood and sleep regulation.

Somethings that are supposed to help are:
-Sun lamps
-Vitamin D supplements
-Citrus
Old 11-02-2011, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Hate it
Old 11-02-2011, 11:14 AM
FitDay Member

I have grow bulbs that seem to help when I use them. They also keep a few of my tropical plants happy for the winter. I'm making plans for a few weekend trips before Christmas. I also am trying to be outside any day the sun shines. Mary