FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   why can't men get over the weight issue about wemon (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/5417-why-cant-men-get-over-weight-issue-about-wemon.html)

chubby49 10-08-2011 06:37 AM

why can't men get over the weight issue about wemon

"Yes" I'm chubby but why do men allways say that they love u 4 who you are and say the oppaset when there around there friend. I'm not bad looking and I love my self, I know I need to lose 40lbs I'll be 50 next year in aug. then see what happens::confused:

01gt4.6 10-08-2011 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by chubby49 (Post 58975)
"Yes" I'm chubby but why do men allways say that they love u 4 who you are and say the oppaset when there around there friend. I'm not bad looking and I love my self, I know I need to lose 40lbs I'll be 50 next year in aug. then see what happens::confused:

Well since you're asking, do you think he's lying to you or his friend? When there's something wrong in a relationship, people turn to a friend. We all do it, man and women, it's human nature. Would you rather him tell you the same things that he's telling his friend and how do you know what he's telling his friend? If his friend is a guy and is repeating to you what he's saying then his friend is a punk and he needs a new friend!

VitoVino 10-08-2011 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by chubby49 (Post 58975)

"I know I need to lose 40lbs". So, are you going to do it then? Your words don't sound confident. Are you resigned to losing the weight, and if so, then say so. Say "I am going to lose 40 pounds". This site will help you achieve your goal, but you need to set your goals first, and then stick with your plan of action. And my advice is, do it for yourself because if you're doing it for anybody else it's just not going to work out as planned.

Welcome to FitDay!

sdpony 10-17-2011 06:28 AM

I would say that your statement applies to women as well as men in a general sense. However, I believe this attitude varies on an individual basis. My opinion is that what the person is honestly feeling is that they love you, in spite of the fact that you are overweight. They be concerned about your weight for a myriad of different reasons, from concern about your health to how attractive you are.
Also, a man is unlikely to tell his wife or girlfriend, " you don't look good"; jsu like you don't tell her that dress makes her look fat, because an argument will start.
Good luck in your life pursuits.