Notices

Awww Crap! My car was stolen last night...

Old 09-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

I hate to wish anything bad to happen to your car but maybe the thief will wreck it and burn to death while he's stuck in it. I'm sure you can tell that I REALLY hate thieves.

It just pisses me off when you work so hard for something and some dumb ass just comes and takes it from you. What gives them the right? Maybe they should get off their ass and try workin for something themselves, instead of taking what belongs to someone else. I swear if I owned a gun and saw someone trying to steal my car I wouldn't hesitate on pulling the trigger, not even for a second. I don't care who it was or what their "situation" was.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-18-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:07 PM
FitDay Member

Ever watch "Death Wish"? This last winter they had a Death Wish week on TV and #1-5 were on all week. It got more and more bizarre... I think in the last one he's driving a tank as I recall. But the movies left me feeling very satisfied.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't seen it. I like the title though.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:30 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Aw Sh##

Man, I am so sorry. I've had my house broken into a couple of times and it is really a creepy feeling. Damn! I am so sorry you lost not only your ride but all of you personal stuff. It's not like the creep that stole it is really going to go running, ya know???
Old 09-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Man, I am so sorry. I've had my house broken into a couple of times and it is really a creepy feeling. Damn! I am so sorry you lost not only your ride but all of you personal stuff. It's not like the creep that stole it is really going to go running, ya know???
He has no reason to run as long as he can get away with stealing someones ride.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:36 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I hate to wish anything bad to happen to your car but maybe the thief will wreck it and burn to death while he's stuck in it. I'm sure you can tell that I REALLY hate thieves.

It just pisses me off when you work so hard for something and some dumb ass just comes and takes it from you. What gives them the right? Maybe they should get off their ass and try workin for something themselves, instead of taking what belongs to someone else. I swear if I owned a gun and saw someone trying to steal my car I wouldn't hesitate on pulling the trigger, not even for a second. I don't care who it was or what their "situation" was.
Ya, I hear ya Mike, thieves and child molesters are the worst of the worst....
I'm kinda glad I didn't catch the theive(s) in the act, I'd most likely be sitting in jail with manslaughter charges hanging over my head....but I've had some time to think about and in the big scheme of things, it's just a car and not worth my freedom to stop somebody from taking it....
Now, if it were my hot rod, that would be a different story...

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Yeah, definitely creepy and the psychological mind f**k that comes along with the feeling of beig violated really sucks and I've been a little depressed about it, but that went away after my trip to shooting range this morning

Hopefully, it will be recovered with minimal damage, but I'm not holding my breath....

On the bright side, I managed to run 24.6 miles this week- yay!

Last edited by sw07; 09-18-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

At that age it likely was for a joy ride or quick transportation. Hope you get it back intact and with your stuff in it. You likely saved more on insurance over the past few years than you would have gotten from them. Are the contents covered by home insurance? Not sure how that works in the U.S. In Canada any claim seems to put your insurance up anyway. Mary
Old 09-19-2011, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sw07
No, no On-Star, it was a '92 Accord, it didn't even have an alarm or club. I figured it was almost 20 yrs old and I didn't have to worry about it like that, that's also why I only had liability ins., but hindsight's always 20/20....
Live & learn, gotta move on...
Oh man.

If you ever read most-stolen-car reports, you'd read that Honda Accords from the 1990s (the '94 model in particular, but the '92 is right up there!) are the most-stolen cars in the country.

The reason is because of their longevity - people keep them for 20+ years, but the parts for the older cars are hard to come by. Thus, thieves make a boatload stealing those cars, stripping them, and selling the parts to shady auto mechanics and the like for a huge profit simply because the parts are older.

Further, the old Honda engines are often stripped and used for racing cars - people will use the "template" engine in the old Hondas and just add performance parts to it when their engines die. It's cheaper than buying the new pimped-out engine.

here's a source for this: http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/02/auto...cars/index.htm

So sorry to hear about your car, man. I hope it doesn't get stripped

Last edited by taubele; 09-19-2011 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Adding article about old Hondas...
Old 09-19-2011, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

It's hard to say if it was a joy ride or not, certain cars are worth a ton sold as parts. I seem to recall that Honda's were valuable that way. Mike? Any inside info on that one? Although you wouldn't think a nearly 20 year old car would get the attention of a car thief, it does sound like kids. On our house we have a pair of motion sensitive lights, and they kick on anytime someone comes close to the house. I'm almost certain they prevented someone from breaking in to our neighbors house a few years back. They were really cheap, like $15-20 each, we also get a break on our homeowners ins for having them.

Never mind Mike, Terri beat you to it.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
Oh man.

If you ever read most-stolen-car reports, you'd read that Honda Accords from the 1990s (the '94 model in particular, but the '92 is right up there!) are the most-stolen cars in the country.

The reason is because of their longevity - people keep them for 20+ years, but the parts for the older cars are hard to come by. Thus, thieves make a boatload stealing those cars, stripping them, and selling the parts to shady auto mechanics and the like for a huge profit simply because the parts are older.

Further, the old Honda engines are often stripped and used for racing cars - people will use the "template" engine in the old Hondas and just add performance parts to it when their engines die. It's cheaper than buying the new pimped-out engine.

here's a source for this: Old Hondas top most-stolen cars list - Aug. 2, 2011

So sorry to hear about your car, man. I hope it doesn't get stripped
I knew of their "popularity" when I acquired the car, it kinda fell in my lap at the time and didn't really want a Honda, but I needed a car.
I keep beating myself up over ...shoulda had an alarm installed, shoulda had a club on it, shoulda pulled the ecu fuse..etc,etc
As for the motion lights, yes, I do have 2 sets over the driveway area but they have not been working too well and that was on my list of things to fix.

I'm figuring the car is gone, although it may be found minus a lot of parts, or the burnt out carcass may be found, regardless, time to move on.

However, I am a little concerned that my place is being watched by the bad guys....I'm gonna have to ramp up security and get some motion detect cameras and do some fortification and possibly re-activate the home alarm system.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.