Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Off-Topic
Awww Crap! My car was stolen last night... >

Awww Crap! My car was stolen last night...

Community
Notices

Awww Crap! My car was stolen last night...

Old 09-20-2011, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

Man, that is very creepy. When I was little, my house was broke in all the time. They took pots and pans, silver ware..... things that we wouldn't think as valuable. But we were very poor so those could worth a ton for them. I remembered waking up at 4pm by the loud noise of neighbor chase the thieves. My family thought that thieves were no stranger but some shady neighbor.
Now it feel creepy.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

The Sheriff's Dept. called yesterday afternoon to tell me that my car was found and it's at a tow yard across town.
Went out there this morning expecting the worst and surprisingly my car was in decent shape.
Of course the stereo was gone, but they did it very cleanly and no damage to the dash, the rear ash tray was missing and it looks like they tried to take the windshield out but it cracked it in 3 places when they were doing it.
Other than being dirty and putting on 100 miles, the car is still intact, but my tools, ipod and running shoes are gone and it only cost me $225 to get it out of the tow yard.

Last edited by sw07; 09-21-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sw07
The Sheriff's Dept. called yesterday afternoon to tell me that my car was found and it's at a tow yard across town.
Went out there this morning expecting the worst and surprisingly my car was in decent shape.
Of course the stereo was gone, but they did it very cleanly and no damage to the dash, the rear ash tray was missing and it looks like they tried to take the windshield out but it cracked it in 3 places when they were doing it.
Other than being dirty and putting on 100 miles, the car is still intact, but my tools, ipod and running shoes are gone and it only cost me $225 to get it out of the tow yard.
That's good news. I still say they hunt the theif down and execute him. That reminds me, BIG CONGRATS to Texas and Georgia, both states will being executing tonight.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sw07
I knew of their "popularity" when I acquired the car, it kinda fell in my lap at the time and didn't really want a Honda, but I needed a car.
I keep beating myself up over ...shoulda had an alarm installed, shoulda had a club on it, shoulda pulled the ecu fuse..etc,etc
As for the motion lights, yes, I do have 2 sets over the driveway area but they have not been working too well and that was on my list of things to fix.

I'm figuring the car is gone, although it may be found minus a lot of parts, or the burnt out carcass may be found, regardless, time to move on.

However, I am a little concerned that my place is being watched by the bad guys....I'm gonna have to ramp up security and get some motion detect cameras and do some fortification and possibly re-activate the home alarm system.
Dude, you need a great big slobbery dog with sharp teeth. It'll be cheaper than that alarm system and all the jacked up car security stuff, plus you'll have a running buddy who's always ready to go.

When I was a teenager we had a freaky dog, he was an over large doberman and he could run like the wind. One night I was home alone and he was going crazy, so I let him out to pee. I grew up out in the country, so our next door neighbors were at least 1/2 mile away in any direction. And all of a sudden I heard a man's voice scream "Holy Shit!!!", and then I heard some more screaming and what sounded like someone running for his life. The dog came home with the pocket off a pair of jeans in his teeth. So dude, you need a dog, and I say the bigger, blacker and scarier, the better. I hear Newfoundlands make nice pets.

BTW glad you got your car back, it's too bad about the running shoes though. Who would steal someone elses running shoes? I mean, no offense, but ewwww!

Last edited by almeeker; 09-21-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

We had the same thing happen when we lived in Columbus Oh. It was an '86 Chevy Celebrity!! It was in 1995 so it was almost 10 yrs old. We didn't have any property in it but they broke a window to get in and peeled the column to start it. Drove it to the OSU campus and dumped it. Cost us $75 to get it back because they towed it to impound when it was located.

Sorry that they took all your property out of the car.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

That's relatively good news, sw07. I can't believe the freaks took your running shoes. They must have done that just for spite. I can't imagine even scum like that would be wearing someone's sweaty workout shoes.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
That's relatively good news, sw07. I can't believe the freaks took your running shoes. They must have done that just for spite. I can't imagine even scum like that would be wearing someone's sweaty workout shoes.
I know! WTF?? Luckily, I have a 2nd exact pair that are still in the box
Old 09-22-2011, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator

I'm so glad you got your car back in relatively good shape!