Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Off-Topic
So what are your plans for the 4th? >

So what are your plans for the 4th?

Community
Notices

So what are your plans for the 4th?

Old 06-30-2011, 08:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default So what are your plans for the 4th?

We'll be at the mountain house in the Eastern Sierras. Monday morning we'll head up to the little town of Mammoth Lakes to watch the parade. It is totally a small town afair. In the evening we'll hangout on the deck and watch the fireworks at a distance in Bishop.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:10 AM
FitDay Member

Running a 5k race @ 8am and then whole lotta nothin'-hiding from the triple digit heat until night fall
Old 06-30-2011, 10:10 AM
FitDay Member

Having Christmas in July -- turkey dinner with my son and his family and 2 of my nephews and their families at a group of cottages they have rented. Fireworks there if I stay that late, otherwise hope to make it home for local fireworks and city street party on Saturday then golf, bike ride, seadoo -- lots of activity and hopefully not too much food after Friday. Mary
Old 06-30-2011, 05:22 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Sounds fun, Mary

Good luck SW!
Old 07-01-2011, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

Nothing too major - my boss is having a party at her house, so I'll probably attend with BF and mingle with work colleagues. I'm sure BF will be buying fireworks this evening to set off - they live right over a lake, it's lovely to watch the reflection in the water!
Old 07-01-2011, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

Saturday I will be starting to take the transmission out of my 97 ford f350. (I cracked the case on a rock while crossing a stream while camping a few weeks ago).

Sunday we are going to my MIL's place in the country and shooting guns! I just built a AR-15 type rifle that will get put through it's paces for the first time (althought it has had about 40 rounds fired). In addition we will have:
AK-47, 2) Glock22 in 40S&W, Glock26 9mm, Ruger LP9 9mm, Ruger 10/22, 3) 12ga shotguns, 2) 30-30 lever actions, and a couple of 7mm Mag hunting rifles.

Monday will have company at out house for BBQ and some fireworks.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:40 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Saturday I will be starting to take the transmission out of my 97 ford f350. (I cracked the case on a rock while crossing a stream while camping a few weeks ago).

Sunday we are going to my MIL's place in the country and shooting guns! I just built a AR-15 type rifle that will get put through it's paces for the first time (althought it has had about 40 rounds fired). In addition we will have:
AK-47, 2) Glock22 in 40S&W, Glock26 9mm, Ruger LP9 9mm, Ruger 10/22, 3) 12ga shotguns, 2) 30-30 lever actions, and a couple of 7mm Mag hunting rifles.

Monday will have company at out house for BBQ and some fireworks.
Sounds like fun! Is the AKs select fire? I forget if CO is a "free state" or not, having been out of the biz for quite some time. We used to take the machine guns out on the Fourth and make a bunch of noise. Nothing says "Freedom" like free Americans exercising their Second Amendment rights.

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-02-2011, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

LOL While with us Canadians it's all about the beer. Spent July 1st (Canada Day) at the beach eating a turkey dinner and discussing ways to improve on those foam beer cooler holders. Left before the fireworks there, in time to enjoy the ones I can see from home. Beautiful watching out on a dock -- when I could see through the mosquitos. Now off for a couple hours volunteering at a Y information table and if the weather holds -- golf. Mary
Old 07-03-2011, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

I work on the 4th... 1pm to 6:15pm. After that I am hoping to walk at the high school track or the park depending on the weather. Other than that, I have no plans.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

I am Canadian so I celebrated the 1st instead of the 4th. On Canada Day I went Waterskiing for the first time in close to 20 years. Just one of the many things I gave up when I got to be too big.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.