FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   So what are your plans for the 4th? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/4600-so-what-your-plans-4th.html)

RunbikeSki 06-30-2011 08:50 AM

So what are your plans for the 4th?

We'll be at the mountain house in the Eastern Sierras. Monday morning we'll head up to the little town of Mammoth Lakes to watch the parade. It is totally a small town afair. In the evening we'll hangout on the deck and watch the fireworks at a distance in Bishop.

sw07 06-30-2011 09:10 AM

Running a 5k race @ 8am and then whole lotta nothin'-hiding from the triple digit heat until night fall:D

Kumochi 06-30-2011 10:10 AM

Having Christmas in July -- turkey dinner with my son and his family and 2 of my nephews and their families at a group of cottages they have rented. Fireworks there if I stay that late, otherwise hope to make it home for local fireworks and city street party on Saturday then golf, bike ride, seadoo -- lots of activity and hopefully not too much food after Friday. Mary

RunbikeSki 06-30-2011 05:22 PM

Sounds fun, Mary :p

Good luck SW!

taubele 07-01-2011 01:26 AM

Nothing too major - my boss is having a party at her house, so I'll probably attend with BF and mingle with work colleagues. I'm sure BF will be buying fireworks this evening to set off - they live right over a lake, it's lovely to watch the reflection in the water!

rpmcduff 07-01-2011 05:29 AM

Saturday I will be starting to take the transmission out of my 97 ford f350. (I cracked the case on a rock while crossing a stream while camping a few weeks ago).

Sunday we are going to my MIL's place in the country and shooting guns! I just built a AR-15 type rifle that will get put through it's paces for the first time (althought it has had about 40 rounds fired). In addition we will have:
AK-47, 2) Glock22 in 40S&W, Glock26 9mm, Ruger LP9 9mm, Ruger 10/22, 3) 12ga shotguns, 2) 30-30 lever actions, and a couple of 7mm Mag hunting rifles.

Monday will have company at out house for BBQ and some fireworks.

mecompco 07-01-2011 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by rpmcduff (Post 49725)
Saturday I will be starting to take the transmission out of my 97 ford f350. (I cracked the case on a rock while crossing a stream while camping a few weeks ago).

Sunday we are going to my MIL's place in the country and shooting guns! I just built a AR-15 type rifle that will get put through it's paces for the first time (althought it has had about 40 rounds fired). In addition we will have:
AK-47, 2) Glock22 in 40S&W, Glock26 9mm, Ruger LP9 9mm, Ruger 10/22, 3) 12ga shotguns, 2) 30-30 lever actions, and a couple of 7mm Mag hunting rifles.

Monday will have company at out house for BBQ and some fireworks.

Sounds like fun! Is the AKs select fire? I forget if CO is a "free state" or not, having been out of the biz for quite some time. We used to take the machine guns out on the Fourth and make a bunch of noise. Nothing says "Freedom" like free Americans exercising their Second Amendment rights.

Regards,
Michael

Kumochi 07-02-2011 01:02 AM

LOL While with us Canadians it's all about the beer. Spent July 1st (Canada Day) at the beach eating a turkey dinner and discussing ways to improve on those foam beer cooler holders. Left before the fireworks there, in time to enjoy the ones I can see from home. Beautiful watching out on a dock -- when I could see through the mosquitos. Now off for a couple hours volunteering at a Y information table and if the weather holds -- golf. Mary

ChibiSub 07-03-2011 07:00 AM

I work on the 4th... 1pm to 6:15pm. After that I am hoping to walk at the high school track or the park depending on the weather. Other than that, I have no plans.

DancinBear2 07-04-2011 08:08 AM

I am Canadian so I celebrated the 1st instead of the 4th. On Canada Day I went Waterskiing for the first time in close to 20 years. Just one of the many things I gave up when I got to be too big.

rpmcduff 07-11-2011 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 49736)
Sounds like fun! Is the AKs select fire? I forget if CO is a "free state" or not, having been out of the biz for quite some time. We used to take the machine guns out on the Fourth and make a bunch of noise. Nothing says "Freedom" like free Americans exercising their Second Amendment rights.

Regards,
Michael

No, the AK-47 and AR-15 are both semi-automatic (one bullet for each pull of the trigger). You can still run off 30 rounds in just a few seconds with either. I could certainly build a gun to be automatic (I have the knowledge and the parts are available) but am not willing to pay the $250 tax/registration fee and open my house to the ATF to look at my guns anytime they desire without a search warrant. The 2nd Amendment today is probably our most undervalued guarantee of freedom.