Back from 8 days of Bad Food >

Back from 8 days of Bad Food

Community
Notices

Back from 8 days of Bad Food

Old 06-09-2011, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Back from 8 days of Bad Food

I'm back and hope to get recommited. After an 8 day holiday and living on grease, chocolate and coke I'm dying for a good healthy meal! Nothing like visiting a country where they serve french fries in a roll and offer to batter your hamburger! I think in Scotland they batter anything. We didn't eat much, however anything I did eat was unhealthy. Lots of walking burnt off some of the calories I did consume. I'll see in a day or two whether I broke even.

It's now time for me to get serious and lose some of the weight I want off by July 4th. Mary
Old 06-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

Eek! That sounds like the fair foods we have here...deep fried Oreos and Snickers !

I hope you enjoyed your trip immensely and that you get back on track quickly. You'll feel better once you do; as for now, just focus on the lovely time you had and the great memories.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:37 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Yikes!!! sounds like a time for a vegetable intervention!

I know you will be back on track soon, but I totally understand the trap of not finding anything worthy of putting in your mouth. Travel can be such and eye-opening, but stomach clenching adventure. I do hope other parts of the vacation were wonderful.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like despite the unhealthy food you probably had a great time on your vacation anyway. I know that you will feel better once you get back on track but I am willing to bet that with all the walking your probably did you probably didn't do much harm by being off course for that week.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

You are right We had a great time. I took my 12 year old granddaughter to meet her penpal in Scotland and the meeting was good. The penpal's mother took us sight seeing and tried to get us to eat haggis. Trying to find healthy food was complicated by travelling with a 12 year old! Of course I love the chocolate and coke diet too. An e coli warning on the vegetables gave us all the excuse we needed. Fine dining was not on our agenda. 3 nights in London and seeing The Lion King live topped off our trip. 3 years till the next grandchild turns 12. Time to start saving as there will be 3 that year!

Mary
Old 06-10-2011, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

That sounds like an awesome vacation. You could adopt me as your grandchild and take me to Scotland in a few years!!