FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   Weather Check-in: Everyone OK? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/3228-weather-check-everyone-ok.html)

RunbikeSki 02-01-2011 01:52 AM

Weather Check-in: Everyone OK?

Hi All,

What else is there to talk about today, but the weather?
75% of the country in snow, brutal winds, what's it like you your neck of the woods.

I have to say that SoCal is living up to its reputation: A little overcast, but there is nothing to complain about here.

mecompco 02-01-2011 02:03 AM

It's supposed to hit us tonight. Everyone's expecting a snow day tomorrow--looks like we'll be working into the end of June at this rate!

Another $30 plow job and a missed day of pay is what it amounts to for me. :mad:

On the good side, shoveling and snowblowing is a darned good workout, so there IS that for an upside. :D

Stay safe, everyone!

Regards,
Michael

sw07 02-01-2011 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki (Post 34392)
Hi All,

What else is there to talk about today, but the weather?
75% of the country in snow, brutal winds, what's it like you your neck of the woods.

I have to say that SoCal is living up to its reputation: A little overcast, but there is nothing to complain about here.

Same here, mid 60's & sunny all week here in NorCal:) I'm hoping to get in a couple of bike rides this weekend.

jukeboxwidow 02-01-2011 03:59 AM

We are expecting it this afternoon/evening. I can work from home but others are going to have to take a snow day.

vabeachgirlNYC 02-01-2011 04:00 AM

It's 37 at the beach right now!:eek: Brrrr...I wish it would snow!!! What a waste of cold weather!:mad:

01gt4.6 02-01-2011 04:02 AM

we are under a tornado watch right now. The weather sucks here.

mecompco 02-01-2011 04:42 AM

Just got back in from my walk--it's 10F and has started to snow lightly--just enough to make is slickery. I guess we're supposed to get a foot to a foot and half total. Yay! :rolleyes:

Regards,
Michael

jhowar16 02-01-2011 07:28 AM

The Mitten

Here in Michigan we have a Blizzard Warning, going into effect soon until Tomorrow sometime. Some cities are declaring a Winter Emergency and it hasn't even started snowing yet.

We are expecting 1-2" to fall.. per hour!.. and in the end we are supposed to get 24" inches total I believe.

Just more snow in Michigan, I'm used to it and cannot WAIT to move.. but we will see if this storm lives up to the hype- like past ones. But if it gets bad I get two days off in a row so I can finally clean my house! And set up the Ab Lounge lol

Hope everyone drives SAFELY-regardless. I know a lot of people with 4 wheel drive like to think they are invincible up here but I have seen my fair share of trucks in the ditches.

williamscouple 02-01-2011 07:29 AM

They just issued a state of emergency here (St. Louis). National guard is here, entire city pretty much shut down. Major highways shut down for white out conditions. Freezing rain last night, sleet all day today, 14-18 snow expected on top of all that accompanied by 40 mpr. winds. Fun, fun. Just hoping we don't lose power with all the wind and ice on the lines and trees. Ya'll stay safe!

xarinn 02-01-2011 10:54 AM

Hey Guys

I am a couple hours east of Toronto in Ontario and so far it is doing nothing here. That said we are under a severe snowfall warning but I have found from past experience when they really make you worried about it all we get is a light dusting.

I know my son is hoping for a snow day though, he hasn't had one yet this winter!!

Bubbs21 02-01-2011 12:22 PM

Another Canuck

East of Ottawa...lots of weather warnings...its just a wait and see at this point.

NB-PEmom 02-01-2011 01:07 PM

Hey, Jacqueline!

Stay safe - and don't get hurt shoveling!! I am in Southern New Brunswick - lots of warnings here! 25-35 cm on the way. Bring it on!!

Lizzycritter 02-01-2011 01:16 PM

It's starting to fall here, we're expecting 2 feet. The kerosene heater's been filled and tested, sitting in the kitchen just in case. Went shopping Sunday, so we won't starve or freeze. I don't work Wednesdays anyway, so no loss for me. Depending on how long it takes to dig out, I might get to stay home Thursday too, I work out in the boonies.

nottango 02-02-2011 02:12 AM

still coming!

Snow's up to my waist! It's so much fun to watch my part-husky dog (Tango) romp around. Burning LOTS of calories today with shoveling!
Stay safe everyone!

mecompco 02-02-2011 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by NB-PEmom (Post 34495)
Hey, Jacqueline!

Stay safe - and don't get hurt shoveling!! I am in Southern New Brunswick - lots of warnings here! 25-35 cm on the way. Bring it on!!

It's been pretty steady here so far--but really fine snow--we've got perhaps 3" or so. Getting ready to head to town to take care of some business. The heavy stuff's supposed to hit us this afternoon. Probably headed your way!

It's been quite a while since we crossed the border--we picked up our JRT from a breeder in NB back in '01 or thereabouts.

Stay safe!

Regards,
Michael

taubele 02-02-2011 02:35 AM

I suppose I won't talk about the weather here in FL... :D

quinnesec 02-02-2011 02:37 AM

Usually, I'm the one with horrible weather in the winter so I feel slightly guilty in saying that the sun is shining brightly, albeit cold (10* F). I'm on the Wisconsin/Michigan border and although we are going to miss the snow, we will not dodge the cold. Windchills are expected to be -20* F tonight. (... and I have a mandatory meeting tonight. UGH!)

quinn

jhowar16 02-02-2011 03:57 AM

Ugh! Terrible night. I had to drive home from work after midnight and got to the apartment with nothing plowed I tried 3 times to get into the parking lot and finally my car got stuck out in the road :( needless to say I'm going no where today but at least we might have an early spring according to the groundhog :p

Kumochi 02-02-2011 08:33 AM

I'm at a ski resort in Ontario and we have about a foot of new snow since yesterday. A bit windy too. The indoor/outdoor water park was fun. Nothing like swiming with big snowflakes coming down on you. My hair froze a few times. Looking for sunshine and -6 tomorrow.

alleysgurl 02-03-2011 05:56 AM

Im in Arizona...it was 47 degrees yesterday. The wind was nuts! Made it pretty miserable. Although, compared to others, it wasn't all that bad. Today and sunny 50 degrees.

mtlgirl 02-03-2011 06:40 AM

The aftermath

Well we got well over a foot of snow. I made a little video of my morning walk with my dog who loves it. He's 14 years old and check out how sprightly he is!

My car however is buried. You can see it towards the end, it's the Beetle. Oh well I'll be burning more calories shoveling that's for sure! :eek:

YouTube - rosella0313's Channel

vabeachgirlNYC 02-09-2011 02:13 PM

IT'S SNOWING!!! Yay! :D

RunbikeSki 02-09-2011 04:55 PM

We're heading up to the mountain house tomorrow and believe it or not I am hoping for snow! But it doesn't look likely. :(