Notices

Weather Check-in: Everyone OK?

Old 02-01-2011, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

Default Another Canuck

East of Ottawa...lots of weather warnings...its just a wait and see at this point.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:07 PM
FitDay Member

Hey, Jacqueline!

Stay safe - and don't get hurt shoveling!! I am in Southern New Brunswick - lots of warnings here! 25-35 cm on the way. Bring it on!!
Old 02-01-2011, 01:16 PM
FitDay Member

It's starting to fall here, we're expecting 2 feet. The kerosene heater's been filled and tested, sitting in the kitchen just in case. Went shopping Sunday, so we won't starve or freeze. I don't work Wednesdays anyway, so no loss for me. Depending on how long it takes to dig out, I might get to stay home Thursday too, I work out in the boonies.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default still coming!

Snow's up to my waist! It's so much fun to watch my part-husky dog (Tango) romp around. Burning LOTS of calories today with shoveling!
Stay safe everyone!
Old 02-02-2011, 02:22 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by NB-PEmom
Hey, Jacqueline!

Stay safe - and don't get hurt shoveling!! I am in Southern New Brunswick - lots of warnings here! 25-35 cm on the way. Bring it on!!
It's been pretty steady here so far--but really fine snow--we've got perhaps 3" or so. Getting ready to head to town to take care of some business. The heavy stuff's supposed to hit us this afternoon. Probably headed your way!

It's been quite a while since we crossed the border--we picked up our JRT from a breeder in NB back in '01 or thereabouts.

Stay safe!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-02-2011, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

I suppose I won't talk about the weather here in FL...
Old 02-02-2011, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Usually, I'm the one with horrible weather in the winter so I feel slightly guilty in saying that the sun is shining brightly, albeit cold (10* F). I'm on the Wisconsin/Michigan border and although we are going to miss the snow, we will not dodge the cold. Windchills are expected to be -20* F tonight. (... and I have a mandatory meeting tonight. UGH!)

quinn
Old 02-02-2011, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

Ugh! Terrible night. I had to drive home from work after midnight and got to the apartment with nothing plowed I tried 3 times to get into the parking lot and finally my car got stuck out in the road needless to say I'm going no where today but at least we might have an early spring according to the groundhog
Old 02-02-2011, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

I'm at a ski resort in Ontario and we have about a foot of new snow since yesterday. A bit windy too. The indoor/outdoor water park was fun. Nothing like swiming with big snowflakes coming down on you. My hair froze a few times. Looking for sunshine and -6 tomorrow.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

Im in Arizona...it was 47 degrees yesterday. The wind was nuts! Made it pretty miserable. Although, compared to others, it wasn't all that bad. Today and sunny 50 degrees.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.