FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   Weather Check-in: Everyone OK? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/3228-weather-check-everyone-ok.html)

Bubbs21 02-01-2011 12:22 PM

Another Canuck

East of Ottawa...lots of weather warnings...its just a wait and see at this point.

NB-PEmom 02-01-2011 01:07 PM

Hey, Jacqueline!

Stay safe - and don't get hurt shoveling!! I am in Southern New Brunswick - lots of warnings here! 25-35 cm on the way. Bring it on!!

Lizzycritter 02-01-2011 01:16 PM

It's starting to fall here, we're expecting 2 feet. The kerosene heater's been filled and tested, sitting in the kitchen just in case. Went shopping Sunday, so we won't starve or freeze. I don't work Wednesdays anyway, so no loss for me. Depending on how long it takes to dig out, I might get to stay home Thursday too, I work out in the boonies.

nottango 02-02-2011 02:12 AM

still coming!

Snow's up to my waist! It's so much fun to watch my part-husky dog (Tango) romp around. Burning LOTS of calories today with shoveling!
Stay safe everyone!

mecompco 02-02-2011 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by NB-PEmom (Post 34495)
Hey, Jacqueline!

Stay safe - and don't get hurt shoveling!! I am in Southern New Brunswick - lots of warnings here! 25-35 cm on the way. Bring it on!!

It's been pretty steady here so far--but really fine snow--we've got perhaps 3" or so. Getting ready to head to town to take care of some business. The heavy stuff's supposed to hit us this afternoon. Probably headed your way!

It's been quite a while since we crossed the border--we picked up our JRT from a breeder in NB back in '01 or thereabouts.

Stay safe!

Regards,
Michael

taubele 02-02-2011 02:35 AM

I suppose I won't talk about the weather here in FL... :D

quinnesec 02-02-2011 02:37 AM

Usually, I'm the one with horrible weather in the winter so I feel slightly guilty in saying that the sun is shining brightly, albeit cold (10* F). I'm on the Wisconsin/Michigan border and although we are going to miss the snow, we will not dodge the cold. Windchills are expected to be -20* F tonight. (... and I have a mandatory meeting tonight. UGH!)

quinn

jhowar16 02-02-2011 03:57 AM

Ugh! Terrible night. I had to drive home from work after midnight and got to the apartment with nothing plowed I tried 3 times to get into the parking lot and finally my car got stuck out in the road :( needless to say I'm going no where today but at least we might have an early spring according to the groundhog :p

Kumochi 02-02-2011 08:33 AM

I'm at a ski resort in Ontario and we have about a foot of new snow since yesterday. A bit windy too. The indoor/outdoor water park was fun. Nothing like swiming with big snowflakes coming down on you. My hair froze a few times. Looking for sunshine and -6 tomorrow.

alleysgurl 02-03-2011 05:56 AM

Im in Arizona...it was 47 degrees yesterday. The wind was nuts! Made it pretty miserable. Although, compared to others, it wasn't all that bad. Today and sunny 50 degrees.