FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   What do you do for a living? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/3098-what-do-you-do-living.html)

doowackie 03-10-2011 11:45 PM

Right now I'm working to so my husband can go to school. I do data entry for 3 recording districts in Alaska. It's nice to listen to my music all day but it sucks to sit at a computer for 9 hours.

When my husband finishes school I don't know what I want to do. When I graduated HS, I wanted to be a coroner. Now I've wasted too much time to get wrapped up in med school. I'm thinking about trying for a park ranger position, but who knows how long that'll stick.
I just want to have a job that makes me happy.

Crimpet 03-11-2011 12:56 PM

Well, before I came to Turkey I was a visual merchandiser for a Garden Center. I absolutely loved it!! I was so physically active I stayed in better shape than I ever had been in my life, and I got to hang with gorgeous plants. Now since I don't speak Turkish, I teach English online and my husband works. When we do eventually go back to the USA I plan on going to college (always wanted to but was hard with two small kids), and I intend to go for a masters in Plant Biology..I want to be a botanist =)
I'm going on 31, so I don't believe age should matter, so long as it's what YOU want to do =D So if you wanna aim for medical college go for it! ^_^ I know I'll be roughly 39 by the time I finish, my kids will be grown, but I'll know I did it, and I'll spend the rest of my life enjoying it (and the pay raise lol)

For now though I'm stuck with part time English tutoring..which I actually hate lol

MollySue2 03-12-2011 12:01 PM

Nice thread! I'm always curious what other people do for their living and I have to say it's quite a variety we've got going here.

I'm a reporter for a daily newspaper. I do culture mainly, everything from portraits, exhibitions, books, movies and God knows what. I'm trying to squeeze in time for my Ph D and would love to work for a cultural institution doing press and public relations in the future.

Lizards13 03-16-2011 10:04 PM

I trained as a Physiotherapist, worked mainly in neurology and respiratory therapy then I moved to administration for military medics, and that's where I am now. I only have a few years left before I retire from this job but then I plan to study again, definitely photography, probably Italian and Spanish, and I'd like to try selling on eBay or maybe proofreading to supplement the pension.

Kumochi 03-16-2011 10:14 PM

[QUOTE=Crimpet;39227]I'm going on 31, so I don't believe age should matter, so long as it's what YOU want to do =D So if you wanna aim for medical college go for it! ^_^ I know I'll be roughly 39 by the time I finish, my kids will be grown, but I'll know I did it, and I'll spend the rest of my life enjoying it (and the pay raise lol)

Good for you. I can vouch that going back to school can be great. I went to law school at age 45. When people commented on my going back to school for that length of time at that age my response was I'd be 5 years older whether I went or not.

Go for it all you who are thinking about it. Learning is never wasted.

Mary

wowgirl88 03-16-2011 11:39 PM

I'm Warehouse Administrator for a logistics company in Aussieland.
Involves counting pallets, reporting, control of the security system and I'm also the Health and Safety rep for the site.
Basically sit at a desk most of the day, but walking around the warehouse twice a day. Fun times! :P

NB-PEmom 03-17-2011 09:55 PM

I have my dream job - I teach physical education at a primary school - kindergarten to grade 2. This is something I have wanted to do since junior high! Although it was a long time coming to me (work shortage, return to school, other teaching positions, stayed home with my kids, etc.), it was definitely worth the wait!!

yunalee 03-18-2011 12:13 AM

I'm a full-time Animation student yay! Currently in my 3rd year for a 4 year bachelors programs in classical Animation. I may take a one year computer animation course after i finish. from there on try and find a job at a studio.

IN the futune i want to finish my story and maybe publish it

farahb7 03-18-2011 05:14 AM

i am a project leader. leading different projects but mostly making office spaces for employees. i could easily claim that this is my dream job! :D:D

wildbeanerz 03-18-2011 02:06 PM

I run the office where restaurants and sales people come to pick up and pay for small orders of food & supplies that they need before they get their next truck shipment. Surrounded by food all day long! Thank God most of it is frozen!! LOL