FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   question about pedicures. (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/3073-question-about-pedicures.html)

01gt4.6 01-22-2011 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 33117)
Our neighbor man is a very nice but somewhat odd duck. He paints his silver, with a hint of blue. How manly is that?

manly, no... odd, indeed!:D

01gt4.6 01-24-2011 04:11 AM

update:

I went to the doctor, he said it's not a splinter and it's not a wart. He said it's a clogged sweat gland due to the pressure I'm putting on that toe.

Michael was right, even though it's not a wart, they gave (*cough*cough* SOLD) me a wart stick, which looks like chap stick but cost $15. BTW it's just Salicylic acid.

He said this will probably be reoccuring. grrr I go back next week for a $follow up$.

mecompco 01-24-2011 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 33328)
I went to the doctor, he said it's not a splinter and it's not a wart. He said it's a clogged sweat gland due to the pressure I'm putting on that toe.

Michael was right, even though it's not a wart, they gave (*cough*cough* SOLD) me a wart stick, which looks like chap stick but cist $15. BTW it's just Salicylic acid.

He said this will probably be reoccuring. grrr I go back next week for a $follow up$.

It's good that you know what it is. I'm sure that stick is less messy than the liquid and a bandaid (those cord removers w/pad work well, too w/o quite so much mess but more expensive). That should burn the skin off so you can excise it in a few day.

Regards,
Michael

01gt4.6 01-24-2011 04:40 AM

more expensive? Today cost me $75 plus I have to go back next week. :(

almeeker 01-24-2011 06:47 AM

The stinky paint on stuff is like $3-5 depending on what brand you get, but you can paint it on everyday for a year. The package of sticky pads is like $5-7 and there are maybe 12 applications in it. Have you considered getting some different running shoes, for just a little more than $75 you can get a half way decent pair.

01gt4.6 01-24-2011 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 33358)
The stinky paint on stuff is like $3-5 depending on what brand you get, but you can paint it on everyday for a year. The package of sticky pads is like $5-7 and there are maybe 12 applications in it. Have you considered getting some different running shoes, for just a little more than $75 you can get a half way decent pair.

I thought about shoes but I'm not going to change shoes this close to the race. After I finish the race I'll get some shoes. Thanks for the tips.

Lizzycritter 01-25-2011 01:37 AM

If you're not familiar with a product called mole skin, I highly recommend that. It's in with the Dr Sholl's stuff, and it's a fabric-like sticky backed thing you can cut to fit and put over blisters and such. It was my dear friend back when I was a crazy teenager wearing combat boots and braving survival schools with miles and miles of hiking involved.

01gt4.6 01-25-2011 01:59 PM

thanks Lizzy. :)

canary52 01-26-2011 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 33117)
Our neighbor man is a very nice but somewhat odd duck. He paints his silver, with a hint of blue. How manly is that?

My friend Greg is a professional travel writer. He gets paid to go on adventure trips and write about it. How sweet is it? Sometimes his jobs are a bit different than the usual trek through Nepal. He got comped to go to Canyon Ranch spa in California and they offered him a free pedicure including polish. Greg got the Mets symbol painted on his big toe. So how about a team logo? Manly enough?

01gt4.6 01-26-2011 08:45 AM

Hope,

If the Saints were in the Superbowl that would be VERY manly.