Notices

New Years resolution... what's yours?

Old 12-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Default New Years resolution... what's yours?

mine will be to continue a healthy lifestyle and give blood at least every 10 weeks.

What about y'all?
Old 12-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

nobody has any resolutions??
Old 12-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Nope.

I think it comes from my whole "meh-ness" with respect to New Year's. To me, it's just a day, and I can make a resolution, or pick some aspect of myself to work on, on July 5 or March 21 and it would make just as much sense as doing it on January 1. Tomorrow we have a new "7 Day Motivational Thread" coming and what I post will be my current resolutions, I guess.

I started FitDay last year on Jan 5, but that was only because that was the day the cookies were all gone .
Old 12-11-2010, 03:46 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I guess mine will be to continue my healthier lifestyle and to dig out my gym equipment and start using it. I am rather psyched to begin the New Year under 300 pounds and am resolute to be under 200 for New Years 2012.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:59 PM
FitDay Member

I simpy haven't thought that far ahead yet. I'm still working on Christmas
Old 12-11-2010, 04:16 PM
FitDay Member

This year I intend to bike the Centenniel trail, round trip approx 36 miles. I plan on starting in the spring adding miles each week until I am doing it!
I will:
- get to a healthy BMI point for my height and age.
- go hiking with my dog more.
- get to where I can run a whole mile
- plant a vegetable garden and an apple tree

for starters!
Old 12-12-2010, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

I guess I kinda agree with Cassie: no time like the present! And I'm so glad she mentioned the 7 day thread because I find that so helpful too. In fact, I just posted mine. Check it out and add yours!!!

But I have made NY resolutions before so here goes (some of these seem to be the same year after year, hmmmmm....):

1) Talk less, listen more
2) Don't interrupt others even if you think you know what they are going to say. They might surprise you and they might just enjoy finishing their own sentences for once.
3) Eat healthier, less processed crap, more local stuff whenever possible even if you have to deal with the snotty organic farmer. Don't be a baby about this! He won't bite you and even if he does, he eats organic; how bad could his germs be?
4) Meditate; it helps you to be a shiny happy person (OK less miserable, let's not expect miracles here, shall we)
5) go to the gym and don't overdo it so you can live to go another day
6) lose those 13-15 pounds; come on,you can do this, surely this is not still going to be your goal when you're 90?
7) stop being a buddy to your kid and start being a parent. When did you become such a wuss anyway?
8) do something beneficial for others; this could just be visiting your bedridden friend or the one with MS and calling those you know who are lonely. Remember what Mother Theresa said (I am probably wildly misquoting here): you cannot necesssarily do big things in this world, just small things with great love.

OK those were mine. I'll report back next December to let you know if I managed to do any of this!!!!! JK! You'll hear from me sooner or did you doubt that and think you'd get a break from my incessant posting ?

Oh yes and this last one:
9) Stop spending so much time on Fitday posting and write more!!!!

Last edited by canary52; 12-12-2010 at 03:35 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Weight training

Last year's was to lose 30 pounds, mostly to improve my running - mission accomplished! Started with the Center for Medical Weight Loss (which I recommend, particularly if you mesh as well with the Dr. as I did with mine.)and Fitday a couple of days into January and by mid April I reached the weight goal and my racing PRs keep going down and down.

This year it is adding a serious weight training program. My diet doc. has been prodding me from the very beginning to add resistance training, and I do lift a little here and there, but unlike running and other outdoor sports, I just can't find the discipline. (If just buying videos was all it took to build muscles, I'd be a competitive body builder by now. But I guess you have to actually do the exercises on the video. )

Sooo, this January I am joining CrossFit - a pretty intensive, directed, but relatively quick gym based program. One of my running partners joined last year and the progress she has made is awesome (literally!).

I'll let you all know how it goes.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:22 PM
FitDay Member

I am capable of making and keeping at least one New Year's resolution, but I've found that if I set too many, I lose focus and get none of them accomplished. So here goes nothing:

1. Reach goal weight of 120 pounds and maintain it for the remainder of the year.
2. Train for and run in a race. SIL has challenged me to run a 10K with her this Spring. She runs 1/2 marathons all the time, so I have my work cut out for me.
3. Sell this house and buy and new one. Which I suppose leads to a housekeeping resolution to "clean, organize and donate a great big mountain of stuff to charity".
Old 12-13-2010, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

Only got one!

To continue to exceed my own expectations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.