Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Off-Topic
I heard a ghost in my house this morning! >

I heard a ghost in my house this morning!

Community
Notices

I heard a ghost in my house this morning!

Old 03-29-2011, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator

I've had some weird stuff happen in the house where I grew up - especially in my bedroom. People always got freaked out in my bedroom and no one ever wanted to sleep over there when I had friends (we ended up sleeping in the living room). I felt things, but I didn't feel like I was going to be hurt. Not sure who/what it was in there. It was ALWAYS freezing in my room too. I ended up sleeping with an electric blanket to ward off chills.

I've had (short list):

All the drawers of my bureau opened when I was home alone and in the shower. I'm pretty sure the dog didn't do it

Windows opening and closing (My dad says this was due to negative air pressure/poor insulation)

Sometimes I ate late-night snacks in my room. On 3 separate occasions I left the (paper) plate on my bed and went to do something; use the bathroom, answer the phone, etc. Came back, and the plate was folded over neatly in half and all the food was squashed. I can't prove that someone else didn't do it, but who would?

Footsteps

Things being moved/knocked over/turned upside down for no reason.

I had also felt a "presence" more times than I could count of someone watching me or wanting to speak with me.

It's creepy, but in the end I learned to be amused by it. Funnily enough, once I stopped getting "creeped out" it things seemed to happen less, maybe the ghost was no longer having fun playing with me

Sometimes when I tell these stories people look at me like O_o as I am a scientist and I deal with facts and figures. To which I usually reply that the more I "know," the more I realize I know nothing at all. I can only report whatever's happened. If there's a non-paranormal explanation that's great, but I can't rule out options!

Mike, I hope that things are settling down for you and no one is getting too scared
Old 03-29-2011, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

I had a strange thing happen once, too. I lost my dad when I was in my early 20's. One year, Father's Day bothered me more than usual for some reason. I was feeling kind of "down in the dumps", so I went to bed early.

I have a large clock that chimes out the hour. Right at midnight on Father's Day, as the clock chimed 12 times, all of my smoke detectors went off simultaneously, for absolutely no reason, for about 5 minutes. (The clock is not tied into my electrical system in any way.)

After I was sure there was no smoke or fire, I had to laugh. It just seemed like something he would do.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

I really thought when I first posted this thread that many would laugh it off. I guess this stuff is pretty common.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I really thought when I first posted this thread that many would laugh it off. I guess this stuff is pretty common.
I think its pretty common as well, but still just as mysterious and freaky.

When I was 15 I was sleeping on a friends couch one night, and at around 3am I was woken up by a feeling of something/someone laying on me, it was hard to breathe, it was really pressing on my chest, It was light enough in that room that I could see everything pretty clearly, there was nobody visibly there but even as I fought to get it off of me I could feel very clearly a human body, and when I got it off there was a very loud bang on the floor. My friend and her boyfriend came running out from their room because they heard it too! Still not sure what the hell that was. Being a major skeptic I researched many things, and it could have been sleep paralysis.. but it seemed really freaky and supernatural to me. Also doesn't explain the loud thump when it landed on the floor.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:04 PM
FitDay Member

When my first son was born, we lived in the house my partner grew up in for the first few months of his (my son's) life. As he started to focus his eyes, he started staring into mid-air and 'talking' to nothing. I know babies just normally do this, but each time he started doing it, I could feel someone looking over my shoulder, very much in my personal space. My partner didn't help things by telling me of the rare occasions as he was growing up, stuff happening (pet cats going skitz for no reason, footsteps, etc - 'normal' enough stuff).

Anyway, I started keeping an old camera with me (old-school film, not digital) and when my son went to look somewhere over my shoulder, I spun around and took a photo. When it was developed, it was a very clear shot of half a window and half a wall with one completely blurry patch in the middle. I don't know - as I said, it was film, not digital, so something could have happened in the developing process to cause the blurriness, maybe my son staring over my shoulder freaked me out and made me imagine things, maybe my partner was being his usual goofy self by setting me up with ghost stories, but I won't discount the possibility that some kindly old ghost was chatting with my boy.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:49 PM
FitDay Member

o.o Creepy.
Why did I read this before bedtime lol.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I think a lot of people have "paranormal" experiences. I know I have. One of my favorites stories though comes from my best friend. When she was young and woke up and saw her grandmother (who had died some time before) in her room she ran and woke up her Mom. Her mother simply said, "Grandma's there? Well go in and talk to her. She would never hurt you in life and she won't hurt you now."

I know that sounds crazy but I kinda like that story.

Not that I am recommending communing with spirits you don't know. Not all of them are like Grandma!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

I have has feelings of others being present at times. When my mother died it often felt like her spirit was around till after my dad diied years later.

One day when I was working as a nurse I had tended a dying patient who was having a terrible death. Nothing stopped his agony; the Dr thought it was psychic pain, that he was terrified of dying because of having messed up his life. That night after my shift I asked my late mother to find someone to come to him. In the morning he had died, which was not unexpected. What was intersting was that shortly before he died (soon after I had asked for help) he quieted down and told the nurse he could see his mother. She told him to go with his mother and he passed away calmly.

Mary
Old 03-30-2011, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Mary, I found your story very powerful. After each of my family members died, my mother and my two brothers, all at different times, I heard from them afterwards. My mother was rearranging chairs in the kitchen, setting them right, as she did when she was alive. My brother Billy came and said a gentle goodbye at my door. My brother Arnold haunted me relentlessly for months. All of these visits were characteristic of the people who made them. By when my father, with whom I was very close died, there was nothing- for a whole year. I began to despair of ever hearing from him again. Then my DH and I met with a builder re a house we were considering building. He had the same physique and a similar name to my father. At one point in the casual conversation about our backgrounds, he stopped and said "Your father is very proud of you." Corny as it sounds, I could almost feel a light emanating from him: I could feel my father's presence. My heart stood still but I said nothing. Later that night, my husband said, "Wasn't that weird today with Martin? It was almost as if your father was in the room."

I know he was.

Last edited by canary52; 03-30-2011 at 03:49 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
I think a lot of people have "paranormal" experiences. I know I have. One of my favorites stories though comes from my best friend. When she was young and woke up and saw her grandmother (who had died some time before) in her room she ran and woke up her Mom. Her mother simply said, "Grandma's there? Well go in and talk to her. She would never hurt you in life and she won't hurt you now."

I know that sounds crazy but I kinda like that story.

Not that I am recommending communing with spirits you don't know. Not all of them are like Grandma!

I love this one!!