FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   What's wrong with kids these days? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/2580-whats-wrong-kids-these-days.html)

01gt4.6 12-06-2010 04:00 PM

What's wrong with kids these days?

<rant>
I've been paying more attention to kids these days and is it cool or trendy to be dirty, and dumb? I swear it looks like some of the boys haven't brushed their hair in weeks, their face and hair have enough grease to fry french fries. I know some kids will have skin issues, I know this, but some of these kids look like they don't even try. Who in the hell put their outfit together, Ray Charles? What's with boys wearing skinny jeans? Okay lets wear the tightest jeans possible and pair it with a big baggy flannel shirt. lol I don't know about you guys but I NEED a little breathing room. Some of the girls aren't much better, some look like they rolled right out of bed and headed out the door. Why do kids with a full head of hear attempt a "come over" wtf?

I'm sure they are very nice kids but I just don't know what is going on with their looks. Oh yeah, why is it that some of these boys either are, or act like they are dumber than a box of rocks. They walk around with their mouth half open and a DUH look on their face. You ask them a question and as soon as they begin to talk you could swear you are talking to Napoleon Dynamite?

</rant>

If I just described your kid, I'm sorry... maybe you can better explain it to be, b/c now I feel like I'm the one with the DUH look when I see them... well more like a wtf look

tandoorichicken 12-08-2010 04:03 AM

I know what you mean. We have roving bands of punks over here in Los Angeles with "jeggings" (didn't even know what they were until a few months ago), those thin, crumply V-neck t-shirts, and giant handlebar mustaches. And occasionally tophats for no reason at all. And yeah, they're all dumber than a box of rocks. You can't hold an intelligent conversation with any of them.

midwestj 12-08-2010 07:13 AM

You know what I am sick of is all the Justin Bieber haircuts, on anyone.

GIRLS GUYS ANYONE IT LOOKS STUPID! This is probably what you meant by full head of hair comb-overs lol.

Even that girl on the holiday hyundai commercial is pretty cute but her haircut ruins her cute face.

The fashion is starting to poor into the mainstream, regular fit Levi jeans have the skinniest legs now. Any man who has ever picked up a weight in his life will need loose fit levis or something so that his thighs even fit in the pants.

Its girls looking like guys, guys trying to look effeminate. What is going on?

I'm glad I was in high school 6-10 years ago when guys actually still cut their hair short, and the girls looked like girls.

01gt4.6 12-08-2010 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by midwestj (Post 27828)
Its girls looking like guys, guys trying to look effeminate. What is going on?

I'm glad I was in high school 6-10 years ago when guys actually still cut their hair short, and the girls looked like girls.

I totally agree. I graduated 21 years ago, it was a lot different then than it is now!

cjohnson728 12-08-2010 09:01 AM

My favorite are the teens that come into court with the baggy pants worn around their thighs. They have to take their belts off when they go through the metal detector and end up having to hold them up and shuffle along or moon everyone.

Must be something that takes over your brain, that makes you think stupid = cool.

My son's into growing his hair out, but two people over the past week have referenced Justin Bieber to him, so now he can't wait to get it cut! Thank goodness!!

prud3495 12-08-2010 10:56 AM

And what's up with fashion at the gym?

OK,
Since I joined a local gym downtown (I'm retired military, so driving back onto base to use the free gym costs more in gas than going down the street) I've noticed allot of these young kids wearing baseball caps, T-shirts with cool logo's (not sports shirts), and just hanging out, talking more than working out. Oh, I forgot the bling, necklaces too!

Guess it's really hard to look cool and be sweaty too.

tandoorichicken 12-08-2010 11:45 AM

Oh yeah, prud, the gym opens up a whole new mess. People hanging around equipment I WANT TO USE while talking on the cellphone completely oblivious to my glaring. :mad:

midwestj 12-08-2010 11:49 AM

I am never shy about letting it be known that I want to use a piece of equipment.

You are there to work out don't let the no agenda nobodies get in your way.

vabeachgirlNYC 12-09-2010 08:50 AM

I was probably one of those kids. (well not the dirty, sagging jean, foul mouthed ones!) I was pretty wild and growing up in NYC where pretty much anything goes. Half the time I changed after I left the house. My dad says he knew everything but I doubt it!

canary52 12-09-2010 08:59 AM

It's funny, Vabeach, I was thinking similar things about when I was young. My Dad used to say that my friends all looked like they needed baths (they were fine) with bad clothes and worse posture. He used to call me a "nut magnet."

I teach college; sometimes I tease the kids about some of the stuff they wear (some of these furry Ugg boots look like they need to be walked on a leash and skinny jeans on guys can be unfortunate) but most of them are pretty good kids. We're not supposed to understand their style, I think, just like our parents didn't understand ours - or our music, for that matter. Man, I sound like I'm about 1000 years old!!! Feel like it too sometimes!!!