FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   What music do you listen to when you are working out? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/2332-what-music-do-you-listen-when-you-working-out.html)

vabeachgirlNYC 02-19-2011 06:29 AM

I just added this one to my Ipod! :D

YouTube - Rihanna-S & M [Lyrics]

Geoffers 02-19-2011 09:10 PM

I stopped listening to music when working out. I find now that, (apart from the rare times I spend 20 minutes on a bike or cross-trainer), there's too much to concentrate on... correct technique, posture, cadence, timings.

I often see people absorbed in their iPod doing badly executed bicep curls or hunched over a bike like Quasimodo.

Word to the wise... don't let your music affect your concentration.

vabeachgirlNYC 02-20-2011 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Geoffers (Post 36982)

I always wear my Ipod when running. I don't wear my Ipod when lifting at the gym I belong to but I do jam my music when lifting at home and have no problem concentrating on proper form. I actually prefer lifting to music. :)

taubele 02-21-2011 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Geoffers (Post 36982)

This is good advice! I've seen it too. The music is largely for cardio (60 mins. on an elliptical needs a little bit of a beat to it! I find watching TV distracts me too much, but music gives me a little goal-- "end of next song, end of next song..." etc.)

When doing weights I turn the volume down so that I can hear the ambiance of the gym and also concentrate more on my body. The music just gives me a little motivation :)

yauncin 02-26-2011 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC (Post 36933)
I just added this one to my Ipod! :D

YouTube - Rihanna-S & M [Lyrics]

Nice.

yauncin 02-26-2011 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 25172)
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

edited to add a couple songs from Apocalyptica (b/c they make the cello cool)

Great list.

yauncin 02-26-2011 05:18 AM

@taubele
Thanks! I liked some of those and added them to my play list.

yauncin 02-26-2011 08:14 AM

Some new songs:
All or Nothing - Theory of a Deadman
Awake and Alive - Skillet
Becoming the Bull - Atreyu
Better - The Screaming Jets
Breaking Inside - Shinedown
Give It to Me - Timbaland (feat. Justin Timberlake & Nelly Furtado)
In My Head - Jason Derulo
The Kill - 30 Seconds to Mars
Lost Control - Grinspoon
Meant to Live - Switchfoot
My Own Way - Three 6 Mafia (feat. Good Charlotte) [Explicit]
We Weren't Born to Follow - Bon Jovi
Yeah! - Usher (feat. Lil' Jon & Ludacris)

@vabeachgirlNYC
If you like Rihanna's S & M you will probably like In My Head by Jason Derulo ;)

wowgirl88 03-07-2011 11:11 AM

Can't believe I haven't seen The Prodigy here yet! Any of their songs would be good!

Also Kasabian - The Underdog a good one, upbeat with good lyrics.

Also an Aussie band that I doubt any one would know (they're my favorite local band) The Go Set. If you like rock with bagpipes, use these guys for a workout.

:)

mecompco 03-07-2011 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by wowgirl88 (Post 38758)
Also an Aussie band that I doubt any one would know (they're my favorite local band) The Go Set. If you like rock with bagpipes, use these guys for a workout.

:)

I love bagpipes and rock. The Drop Kick Murphy's were in town a couple months ago and I took my daughter to see 'em--great show! I lost my leeeeeegggggg!

Enter The Haggis (from New Foundland) is playing here in a couple of weeks--considerably milder than the DKMs but still pretty good.

Regards,
Michael