Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Off-Topic
How many people do you think Join on here ... and never come back after the first >

How many people do you think Join on here ... and never come back after the first

Notices

How many people do you think Join on here ... and never come back after the first

Old 08-09-2010, 01:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default How many people do you think Join on here ... and never come back after the first

.... week?

Alot!

I have been going through some of the profiles on Fitday ... and have found the majority of people write one post, and never seem to come back on again

This is such a valuable site, with so much to offer, yet very few people have posted more than once .....

I believe success is based on changing the lifestyle so many of us have been living - which has made us UNHAPPY for a longtime!

I come here every day - a few times a day - log what i eat - i log what i did fitness wise - and i write about my moods, my journal - i utilize the site. I hope i will continue to be successful - but i sort of look at it like a job - i have to attend to it

nonetheless - i hope you guys reading this continue to come back and read, report and experience!
Old 08-09-2010, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? There are probably as many "one post wonders" as there are people that start a diet every Monday morning and have completely given up by Friday afternoon.

I've given this site address to almost everyone that wanted to talk "diet" with me. And most of them come back later and say, "I went to that fitday site, and couldn't figure out what I was suppose to eat on that diet.". I've tried to explain it over and over, but somehow changing gears from a prescribed diet like Atkins or WW, to "whatever you want, so long as you maintain a calorie deficit" is impossible for some people. Fitday would probably gain a whole new clientele if part of the site would make dietary suggestions. Like you could type in what you're hungry for, the ingredients that you have on hand, what diet plan you're following and it would look at your calories and nutrients for the day thus far and make a menu suggestion.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

Truth be told, I think FitDay loses a lot of people to other sites...yes, there is likely a significant degree of complete diet attrition, but folks find sites like SparkPeople, Livestrong, and the USDA pyramid site and see that it has features FitDay does not; I know for sure that SparkPeople offers sample menus and workouts, as almeeker alluded to.

I'm not saying that's all of it, but I think it's definitely part of it, and that's too bad.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

I agree with you guys...I have looked at other sites as well. I really like FD. It seems like a good fit for me. I like to be able to make up my own diet plan as I go along with the day. The diet I'm really on is that I'm trying to make good choices in my food intake, and at the same time watch my cals,fat, and carbs. By using FD I know where I stand....if I'm going to gain or lose.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

Maybe some of those single-post profiles are still lurking and just read, but don't participate? I'm sure many of them have stopped visiting though.

I know when I first registered for FitDay in 2006, they didn't have forums as a feature. I was pleasantly surprised when I returned this year to find discussion boards, as support is a huge part of succeeding in a lifestyle change.

I have visited some of the other free sites, like SparkPeople, CalorieCount, etc. and used to belong to a pay site (DietWatch), but still find FitDay to be best suited to my personal needs.

It's a clean, simple layout and navigation system, and just doesn't seem as cluttered up with ads and foo-foo features.

The only thing I wish FD did better was have active moderators or other presence on the site, because right now it seems like they are invisible. I would also love it if they had a chat room function. There are times when I log on here to post and I really would love to just talk to somebody in real-time.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

Again....I agree with you! I wish we could talk real time too; that would be nice. I guess we could get e-mail address or something, but real time would be much better.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

FitDay works for me. And keeps me Honest.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I think the reason FT works for us is that it require us to be accountable for ourselves, make our own decisions, and ultimately learn for ourselves how to be fit & healthy.

Other sites that tell you what to do, what to eat, how to eat, when to exercise and how much, can turn into yet another crutch. They can be very helpful when you are just starting, but the bottom line is: if you have to have someone else tell you how to live your life, you will not succeed in the long run.

Yeah for FitDay!
Old 08-09-2010, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

I tried SparkPeople as well, and I became a "one post wonder" over there as well! It was too overwhelming...too much stuff going on all at once. Plus, I just like the FitDay layout better.

One thing I did like about SP was that you could get nutrition information about custom foods from other users. That saved some time entering foods for the day or two I used it.

But I ended up back here, so the lack of that feature must not have bugged me too much. =)
Old 08-12-2010, 09:53 AM
FitDay Member

I bet a lot of people join and never come back or don't come back for a long time. I've been on fitday for years. How many people start a new diet every single morning only to blow it by noon? A lot, what matters to me is who is here, right now, contributing information to losing weight and motivating me? Because, it is all about me, isn't it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.