Not motivated to work lately >

Not motivated to work lately

Community
Notices

Not motivated to work lately

Old 01-04-2015, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default Not motivated to work lately

Our company has been in the industry for quite some time and I am one of the pioneers. To get to the point, there was not even a single training for employees that has been conducted and I feel the need to do it. I am not sure if this is possible since we cannot go to a training all at the same time. I have read somewhere that there is an available online training program for employees. Is there anyone here who can share their experience? I feel so bored with the job I am doing for the last 5 years.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:11 PM
FitDay Member

Ugh, I've been there before! I worked at a job for over a year where myself and no other employees had ever been officially trained; we were all flying by the seat of our pants and not really ever feeling strong and skilled.

I don't have experience with online training programs, but you could hire someone to train your employees. I worked in a place where we had a training room/board room, and they hired an outside person to come in and train everyone in small groups. You might spend two weeks in the boardroom learning your job really well, then get put back on the job while they take another batch of employees in.

If you have an employee manual to go by, or can train ONE person really well, then put them in the position of training the others, that might work.

I have my Bachelor of Education and I've seen that lots of people who decide not to be public school teachers instead go into corporate training positions.

Good luck!
Old 01-06-2015, 03:21 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the reply. It turns out that I am not the only one who had the concern. Some of my colleagues think that we should be trained one way or the other. Since we cannot all go to training at one shot, someone suggested to hire someone who can develop a program (similar to what Verse offered to us way few months ago)which can be used by the employees and which can also track the needs. This kind of program needs to be updated regularly.

I am not sure how the management will take this but this is something important for us. Although it may cost something, I think it will be a benefit for both parties in the long run. Hoping for the best

Last edited by Kathy13118; 01-06-2015 at 07:53 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 01-06-2015, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Tress, help me out here. I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, even though you are posting links that could be taken as spam. I'd like to think your are being genuine... but less than 2 months ago you posted saying you were taking the train to Georgia to open a pet shop. Now you need training tips for a company in which you pioneered 5 years ago. Am I missing something. This time line doesn't jive.