Notices

Annoying(ly bad) habits I can't break...

Old 05-06-2010, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Cool Annoying(ly bad) habits I can't break...

So I figure if I call myself out on all the bad choices I make, maybe I'll find some motivation to change...

1. Diet soda! (I justify drinking it because I am a stickler for calories, and the bottle says zero, so it makes me feel better).

2. That second bowl of frozen raspberries with Cool Whip Free. Yeah, it's "Free"...if you eat the serving size. I, however, scoop it on like it's ice cream.

3. Giving up on myself when using the elliptical. I have a hard time pushing myself to do better. I usually do 10 to 15 minutes, decide that I'm huffing and puffing too much, and quit. But I know if I would just push myself, I could probably go for another 10 to 15 minutes, at least!

Anybody else care to share some of their bad habits?
Old 05-06-2010, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

Aaaaand I didn't mean to post this in the food section. Gah.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:20 AM
FitDay Member

well- right now my biggest issue is saying no to friends who want to go out to eat when i'm trying to eat really well. Also, expecting to lose more than I am. I always set myself up for disappointment. For example, I really wanted this week to be an amazing 4-5lb week, so far it's a .8lb week *snort*
Old 05-06-2010, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

Skipping breakfast

-Nik
Old 05-06-2010, 11:58 AM
FitDay Member

Deciding at the last minute to change what I planned to eat that day, telling myself I'll just fix my log at the end of the day. Yeah, the substitutions always add up 250-300 calories more than I estimated they would.

Hitting the snooze button "just one more time" until it's too late to get to the gym on Saturday.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

NessaSonic, 0.8 for this week is really good!! think how pissed you'd be if the 0.8 was going in the opposite direction...
Old 05-06-2010, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

my bad habit is not having self control on the "weak" ends.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

actually i'd say my worst habit that i'm hoping to break is when i go to my boyfriend's apt on the weekends and eat his junk food while he is watching tv. no more...i'd rather not be angry with myself.

sorry to keep posting over and over again! hehe.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:21 PM
FitDay Member

Bad habits, oh where to even begin?

I get up at 4:45am, no problem, but I never seem to jump on the elliptical or get the workout video going right away. Nope, I dilly dog around, log on to fitday, get my water, weigh myself on the Wii (maybe play a balance game or six), make a pot of coffee and, oh look there isn't time to do the full workout now. Uh? How is that possible soooo many days in a row anyway?

I can buy that box of Fudgesicles, cause they are only 60 calories each. The problem is they come out of the box in pairs, so really they are 120 calories an episode. And the episodes lately have been 1-2 every day.

I can't seem to measure out an ounce of cheese, okay I measure out the ounce and then hack off a piece that doesn't go on the scale and pop that into my mouth. If it doesn't get measured, it doesn't count right?

I could go on and on, but I don't want to give any of you my bad bad habits.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Not getting enough sleep and not drinking as much water as I should are the ones I want to change...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.