Notices

Yogurt

Old 06-09-2013, 02:35 PM
FitDay Member

Default Yogurt

I'm always told yogurts are so good for eating healthy, but there are so many kinds and I have no clue which ones are best.

Any tips!?
Old 06-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Reading the nutrition labels should tell you which ones are healthiest.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:50 PM
FitDay Member

The one with the lowest calories!
Old 06-10-2013, 05:59 PM
FitDay Member

Non-fat, plain (unsweetened) greek yogurt is a marvellous thing. It's good stirred into oatmeal along with mixed berries. You can use it in place of mayo in tuna or chicken salad. Mix berries with it and pop it in the freezer for a couple of hours and it makes a sweet treat with a decadent feel. With some herbs and some fatfree powdered buttermilk, it makes a passable ranch dressing.

It has high protein, too.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by egr683
Non-fat, plain (unsweetened) greek yogurt is a marvellous thing. It's good stirred into oatmeal along with mixed berries. You can use it in place of mayo in tuna or chicken salad. Mix berries with it and pop it in the freezer for a couple of hours and it makes a sweet treat with a decadent feel. With some herbs and some fatfree powdered buttermilk, it makes a passable ranch dressing.

It has high protein, too.
I totally agree. Even with fat, it's a great option - very high-protein! Which is why it's so puzzling that FitDay hasn't seen fit to add it to its food list.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default I eat this one daily :)

I love Stonyfield Organic Greek 0% Yogurt, plain. I add blueberries or cold milled flax. yum
Old 08-06-2013, 10:36 PM
FitDay Member

Yep, I like yoghurts as well. But I always whatch out what kind of yoghurt it is and stay away form yoghurtas with cream - way too much fat in it.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:23 PM
FitDay Member

Yogurt should be low calorie and you must also check the fat portion. If you love to eat flavored yogurt then please make sure that you use fresh fruits.