FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Nutrition & labeling (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/nutrition-labeling/)
-   -   Anyone try the green coffee bean extract for weight loss? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/nutrition-labeling/7933-anyone-try-green-coffee-bean-extract-weight-loss.html)

sewdream19 07-26-2012 06:37 PM

Anyone try the green coffee bean extract for weight loss?

tictacjunkie 07-28-2012 11:31 AM

I was just searching for the same info.
I have a jar of green coffee extract capsules that I was wondering if I should start taking BUT I just quit coffee (because of the sugar, milk etc) and was wondering if it would do any good or just keep me hooked on caffeine.

Off to ask Prof. Google....

tictacjunkie 07-28-2012 11:43 AM

Google seems to say it's early days and hard to tell, but there are concerns over longterm use.

So I think I'll save the jar for when I hit the dreaded plateau.

indigal2 08-01-2012 08:26 AM

I have PCOS as well as Type 2. I have not had a cycle for the last 3 years, which is common for women with PCOS. The real problem is I am in the middle pf my child bearing years with no children yet and I HAVE TO lose weight now. THe only thing that has worked for me is Raspberry Ketones taken with Green Coffee Bean extract. i used to be on Metformin but it made me deathly ill. I was like a zombie. I always had a metallic taste in my mouth and I used to throw up a lot. Metformin is like a GOd-send to women with PCOS but I could not endure. Dr Oz really is saving me. I discovered both a few months ago and I ordered mine from Amazon. The brnad I use works because with with 20 minutes of exercise everyday and a little diet modification, just a little, I have lost over 36 pounds. I have not lost 36 poundsin the entire time sine I was diagnosed in 1999. So I know for a fact it's the ketones and green coffee bean together. People are buying Raspberry Ketones for like $50 buck on the net but at GNC it's like $30 but I use a deal on Amazon where I get both Green Coffee Extract and Raspberry Ketones at the same time for under $27. <link removed>

tictacjunkie 08-12-2012 04:57 PM

Yes metformin made me ill as well, almost out of body feeling, vomiting, was awful.

kjgentil 09-30-2012 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by tictacjunkie (Post 86401)
I was just searching for the same info.
I have a jar of green coffee extract capsules that I was wondering if I should start taking BUT I just quit coffee (because of the sugar, milk etc) and was wondering if it would do any good or just keep me hooked on caffeine.

Off to ask Prof. Google....

Have you tried agave as a sugar substitute. It is sweeter than sugar, organic, and don't need too much. I use just three drops in my coffee and let me tell you it has worked wonders for me. You can find it in most supermarkets.
Also I have noticed that for milk I get the creamer from Walgreens with fewer calories and carbs.
For milk itself I completely changed to either coconut milk or almond milk. Prefer the almond milk since it's less in carbs

jesswilliams76 10-03-2012 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by sewdream19 (Post 86246)
http://mobiletabletguide.16mb.com/img2/s.gif

Yeah I saw Dr Oz giving this the all clear, but still haven't tried it. I will take a look around and see what others are saying about it. Will let you know later. :)

mrsvaleriehall 10-05-2012 04:25 AM

So far impressed with combo of Green Coffee Bean Extract and Raspberry Ketones. PCOS

I, too, have PCOS and have had NO weightloss in the past 2 years; however, I gained 100+ pounds!!!!!!!!! I decided to try it and purchased them off Ebay for pretty cheap....$15 for a 30 day supply (includes both the Green Coffee Extract 800mg capsules and the Raspberry Ketones 250mg capsules - taking 2 in the morning with breakfast).

So far my results are:

Day one.....no change in anything.
Day two.....much more energetic!!!
Day 5......8 pounds lost so far!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay.......I strongly have a feeling that it is 8 pounds of water....since I seem to have to pee a LOT!!!!!! (pardon the TMI)

But.....8 pounds is good no matter what it is - water or fat. I will keep you guys updated on my experience :)

jesswilliams76 10-09-2012 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by jesswilliams76 (Post 90053)
Yeah I saw Dr Oz giving this the all clear, but still haven't tried it. I will take a look around and see what others are saying about it. Will let you know later. :)

Hey again, well I did a bit of research on this and this post explains it pretty well and I also like the fact that it remains neutral and avoids the hype. <link removed>
Its meant to be supplement along with good diet and exercise. Not a magic pill most likely. lol ;)

ljpineau1 10-11-2012 04:51 PM

I would like to try this but have issues with being to pumped up with caffeine. I don't like something that makes me feel like I could climb a wall and then hang there by my fingernails panting and eyes bulging, in horror!! Is this stuff like that... or is it just a supplement with weight-loss side effects??? Be honest!! ~LJPINEAU1

iDoVooDoo 11-01-2012 02:00 AM

Green Coffee Bean Extract

Dr. Oz is one of the most trustworthy doctors on the planet. He did an unprecedented study in the U.S. with placebo/actual product test of overweight woman in the 35 to 49 year old age category. These women lost double the weight. He really endorses its' use. I bought some today, waiting for it to arrive, but will post results as they happen/don't happen. If you read my "newbie" post, you'll see I have a tough road to hoe and anything I can do lose the weight and get healthy, I will try.

One thing that people do not realize is that although this is "coffee," there is literally no caffeine in the product. It must be pure, look for Svetol, and look for GCA, with no other "fillers or binders." You also want to look for 45% or more cholinergic acid in the product. This product has virtually no side effects, certainly no jitters, or so these women claim.

Anyway, hope that helps.

StunningSugar 11-06-2012 12:53 AM

I tried it for a few weeks, lost about 10 pounds but I was practically starving myself because the aftertaste of the pill was making me sick to my stomach. I stopped taking them and have kept the weight off so far *fingers crossed*

nutrientes 11-21-2012 12:34 AM

body feeling

http://partyeveningdress.com/i/img00/s.gif

almost out of body feeling

Joan128 12-10-2012 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by iDoVooDoo (Post 91362)
Dr. Oz is one of the most trustworthy doctors on the planet. He did an unprecedented study in the U.S. with placebo/actual product test of overweight woman in the 35 to 49 year old age category. These women lost double the weight. He really endorses its' use. I bought some today, waiting for it to arrive, but will post results as they happen/don't happen. If you read my "newbie" post, you'll see I have a tough road to hoe and anything I can do lose the weight and get healthy, I will try.

One thing that people do not realize is that although this is "coffee," there is literally no caffeine in the product. It must be pure, look for Svetol, and look for GCA, with no other "fillers or binders." You also want to look for 45% or more cholinergic acid in the product. This product has virtually no side effects, certainly no jitters, or so these women claim.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Hello ido Voo Doo:

I'm trying it now with Renew Life (Simply Trim, 2 daily). It's been less than a month now and I'm not sure if this helps me at this point. I think I feel less bloated, but I did not lose weight yet. However, I'm still working on my diet to get it under control. I'll finish this bottle and I'll go with the Pure Green Coffe Bean from Genesis Today (6 daily) to see if there is a difference. I'll provide an update in this post after my second bottle.

afong9999 02-07-2013 06:56 AM

this is interesting. I've been on a few other blogs and they say that supposedly now Dr. Oz is backing away from green coffee bean extract but i can't find any info on that?

I agree the hype is a bit, well just that but there is merit in this..:)

jamie0071 02-17-2013 05:25 PM

Green Coffee Bean Extract

My experience has been pretty good, I bought a 30 pill

bottle online to try and after taking it twice a day

(800mg 2x a day) which lasted me a week and in the

past 10 days I've lost 10lbs, I've also been watching

what I eat and exercising regularly

fastsallydm 02-22-2013 04:17 AM

green coffee bean extract

Has anyone tried it and what are your thoughts? I have bought it, but not sure yet???
Any thoughts?

fastsallydm 02-22-2013 07:03 AM

jamie0071

Originally Posted by jamie0071 (Post 95809)
My experience has been pretty good, I bought a 30 pill

bottle online to try and after taking it twice a day

(800mg 2x a day) which lasted me a week and in the

past 10 days I've lost 10lbs, I've also been watching

what I eat and exercising regularly

When do you take yours? With what meals? And is there one better then the other?
Thanks i have taken it for 1 week and nothing!!!!!

rajabanana 03-02-2013 02:25 AM

green coffee

It didn't work for me.:(

Steve2513 03-07-2013 05:19 PM

green coffee

I am impressed by what the product claims to do and help us out but the only reason i wish to discontinue these beans is that i am getting hooked up to them. So much that its overdose is affecting me badly. Many of you like me have this issue with the regular beans....i mean why not switch to caffeine free green coffee beans.

Ana_Lei 03-22-2013 11:45 AM

Dr. Oz and the Green Coffee Beans

Originally Posted by afong9999 (Post 95391)
this is interesting. I've been on a few other blogs and they say that supposedly now Dr. Oz is backing away from green coffee bean extract but i can't find any info on that?

I agree the hype is a bit, well just that but there is merit in this..:)

Dr. Oz. ran a special section on his show that addressed the Green Coffee Bean Extract. What he made perfectly clear is that different people are exactly that, different. What works for one may not work for another.

He also stated that he NEVER endorses any product. So when you see an ad that states or implies, that he is in any way affiliated with the product they are selling, please report the ad. Even if it shows a photo of him, he DOES NOT promote anything. It's a scam. You can report this by logging onto his website.

He did do a blind test in which half of the group was given a sugar pill, and half received the Green Coffee Bean Extract. One lady in the Coffee Bean group said she lost only 1 pound in the time period. The others two said they lost about a pound a week.

Only one person in the placebo group reported a one pound loss, but she said she had started an exercise program.

GreenCoffeeBean 04-05-2013 12:15 PM

Pure Green Coffee Bean Extract 800 mg

The pure green coffee bean extract will work for most people. It is not like coffee in its roasted form what so ever. This is just a natural supplement that has natural ingredients in it that is good for the body. Some things that you need to make sure of to get the best results is that it is pure and that it has over 45 percent chlorogenic acid. It must also have either Svetol or GCA (Green Coffee Antioxidant) marked on the label along with the statement it has over 45 percent chlorogenic acid. I believe that this product is not only good for weight loss but overall health as well. You can get this product in many places online but just verify what I have mentioned above or you are wasting your money. Also get the 800 mg capsules. I am not sure if I can post the following link but if they want to take it out they can. One place you can purchase as I have mentioned is listed below. By all means it is not the only place.

bellyflabsolutions 04-14-2013 04:25 PM

Alternative to Green Coffee Bean

Burn fat with green tea is another alternative to green coffee bean extract for weight loss. If you learn how to boost your metabolism using the right foods, you can lose weight.

sonia275 06-15-2013 06:52 AM

I watched the same episode too. Its still available here: The results speak for themselves as far as the show is concerned. They seem pretty convincing so i'm probably gonna order some. Wish me luck!

Sonia

Originally Posted by Ana_Lei (Post 97135)
Dr. Oz. ran a special section on his show that addressed the Green Coffee Bean Extract. What he made perfectly clear is that different people are exactly that, different. What works for one may not work for another.

He also stated that he NEVER endorses any product. So when you see an ad that states or implies, that he is in any way affiliated with the product they are selling, please report the ad. Even if it shows a photo of him, he DOES NOT promote anything. It's a scam. You can report this by logging onto his website.

He did do a blind test in which half of the group was given a sugar pill, and half received the Green Coffee Bean Extract. One lady in the Coffee Bean group said she lost only 1 pound in the time period. The others two said they lost about a pound a week.

Only one person in the placebo group reported a one pound loss, but she said she had started an exercise program.

ellagaby05 06-15-2013 07:45 AM

sonia,did u ordered ur green coffee bean pills?how is going,u have any result?

sonia275 06-17-2013 08:35 AM

yes, i ended up oredering them healthwiz.org/gcb i am starting the course in a few days and will keep you posted. I'm pretty confident about this one as green coffee bean seems to be reviewed very positively in most places.

sonia

Originally Posted by ellagaby05 (Post 99825)
sonia,did u ordered ur green coffee bean pills?how is going,u have any result?

taruniis 07-08-2013 06:21 AM

Green Coffee Extract

I've been looking into green coffee extract too. This Doctor Oz seems to be saying good things about it in this study. The case study done by him here seems to be pretty convincing. I may give it a try based on the results some of those women have seen in that video.

way2fly 07-09-2013 03:36 AM

Green Coffee Extract

I got the Dr. Oz spam and checked out some of the online adds and comments. I thought it might be worth a try though I generally think most suppliments are bogus if not dangerous. I bought a bottle of Diet Works Green Coffee Bean Extract at Costco to try. I have been taking two a day. morning and afternoon as recommended. After two weeks I can not say I have noticed anything at all. This might be partly because my eating has been inconsistent. But am trying to do better.

Maggi070 07-24-2013 01:58 AM

i've been looking into green coffee extract too. This Doctor Oz seems to be saying good things about it in his study on his TV show. The case study done by him on his TV show seems to be pretty convincing. I may give it a try based on the results some of those women have seen in that video.

Maggy

djwayne 07-24-2013 02:48 AM

I tried it....complete waste of time and money.

AmyJEllis 10-02-2013 06:29 PM

I haven't personally tried green coffee beans extract but the extract is said to have some serious weight loss advantages--who knew! Check this page link removed Our bodies are so complex and while these things help weight loss, nothing is better than working out and eating clean, right?

gab654321 08-18-2014 07:31 AM

YOU BETTER BE CAREFUL!

There is a lot of scam for that kind of product and be vigilant at links that you found in the web. There are a lot of fraud online about natural weight loss products.

Buy from legitimate companies! Know that if you find a site with only one page for ordering, know that it is a SCAM.

Health professionals can be found online. After buying from a non legitimate site, my research has brought me to Win in Health. In addition, they take care of you ... in short, I particularly recommend for the confidence they give me. Beware of fraudulent links!

Looking for true green coffee? Trust me, that link is legitimate!

nightchemist 01-21-2015 10:42 PM

Buyer beware

Hey guys! I realise this thread is a bit old now but I agree that you need to be careful what brand of green coffee bean extract you take. Often they are not standardised and contain much lower amounts of the active chlorogenic acid than they should. The one I have been taking has 50% chlorogenic acid and also no additives/preservatives. Got if from the link below and have been very happy with it!

angela8915 02-24-2015 08:07 PM

Yes metformin made me ill as well, almost out of body feeling, vomiting, was awful.

yourbesthealth4life 04-29-2015 04:15 PM

the agave is really good, it's like a honey substitute for me. I don't usually use a sweetener at all, but when the tea is really bitter or strong the agave takes the edge off and it's 100% natural.

BjorgOlsen 06-24-2015 01:11 PM

Regarding: Green Coffee Bean Piils

This is what happen to me: I ordered the pills directly from the site and got 3 jars of pills for over $100.
When I started using them all they did was totally dehydrating me, just removing all the water from my body leaving me sick and weak.
I had to stop taking them and thought to myself: "If it sounds too good to be true it usually is"

I learned my lesson so now I am exercising and counting calories; the old fashion way.

Sincerely,
Elisabeth

supriyanum1 01-06-2016 05:59 PM

Not yet but i am searching for a good doctor and after his/her advice i will try these for weight loss and i have consulted some doctors/ dietitian also.I suggest you to do same.

Hony36 05-02-2018 12:30 PM

I had good success with it this is a good place to buy it
link removed

ayurvedic123 05-14-2018 10:01 PM

Green coffee bean extract comes from unroasted coffee beans and may help you lose weight.

luckyhelen 08-23-2018 02:27 AM

I heard many positive reviews about green coffee and want to try it too. I've alread ordered coffee online on eBay. I always buy supplements and vitamins online and only once I had delivery issues 'coz I entred the wrong postal code. This time I check postal code twice at https://worldpostalcode.com/mauritius/ to avoid mistakes. Hope I'll receive my parcel on time.