Notices

Whole grain vitamins?

Old 05-22-2011, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Whole grain vitamins?

I'm sure many whole grains are high in B vitamins, but all they seem to be required to list are A & C and the minerals Sodium, Calcium and Iron. If you are making a custom food, how do you estimate the other vitamins and minerals? I'm sure I'm not as low as my averages indicate, esp. in the B vitamins.

Last edited by [email protected]; 05-22-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

What's a whole grain? Are you talking about some oatmeal you're making from scratch (not the instant kind, because then it's hard to estimate what's in a serving)? If so, you can go to a website like [link removed], which gives you tons of information if you search for an item. Then just use that information to create your custom food.

That's what I do if I really care, but most of the time, I don't!

Last edited by VitoVino; 12-20-2011 at 06:21 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by [email protected]
I'm sure many whole grains are high in B vitamins, but all they seem to be required to list are A & C and the minerals Sodium, Calcium and Iron. If you are making a custom food, how do you estimate the other vitamins and minerals? I'm sure I'm not as low as my averages indicate, esp. in the B vitamins.

I didn't see this thread until now. Here's how I just started doing it:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...-minerals.html