Notices

Interesting article on food choice

Old 07-24-2011, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default Interesting article on food choice

Harvard study

Short version: it's not just about the calories. The nut and yogurt info is especially interesting.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

Really interesting! Thanks for posting. Glad I love yogurt and peanut butter!
Old 07-25-2011, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Whew! I thought you were gonna tell me that my yogurt is making it harder to lose weight. Very interesting read.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

That was a very good read, it confirmed what I have learned by hanging out in the forums for the last 6 months. Thanks for sharing it.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

I'd love to see what the authors of this study think about the new "food pyramid"... I asked, will post a reply here if I get one...
Old 09-13-2011, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

They don't like it. Neither do I.

Food Pyramids and Plates: What Should You Really Eat? - What Should You Eat? - The Nutrition Source - Harvard School of Public Health
Old 09-13-2011, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

The one from Harvard is similar to the Mayo Clinic one that made so much sense when I found it last year. Great minds think alike, I guess.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

Good solid read. It's funny how you start one way (slowly, just counting calories) and then slowly you start to add more of these good things to your diet that (hopefully) fuel the transition from "diet" into "lifestyle change."
Old 09-13-2011, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
Good solid read. It's funny how you start one way (slowly, just counting calories) and then slowly you start to add more of these good things to your diet that (hopefully) fuel the transition from "diet" into "lifestyle change."
So true! When I started I was always, " I don't like yogurt. " or " I can't drink fruit juice. It makes my belly sick. "
Now I love yogurt and have started into fresh fruit juices. I also eat things I never did before like the green pepper of stuffed peppers. It is really a lifestyle change not just a diet.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
So true! When I started I was always, " I don't like yogurt. " or " I can't drink fruit juice. It makes my belly sick. "
Now I love yogurt and have started into fresh fruit juices. I also eat things I never did before like the green pepper of stuffed peppers. It is really a lifestyle change not just a diet.
Haha! You remind me... I wanted to try stuffed peppers this weekend! Never have had them before.

I used to think I was lactose intolerant or at least had an aversion to dairy; one thing I found out through food logging is that it's completely untrue. I can chug a glass of low-fat milk and be just peachy, and I can eat ice cream and yogurt without a problem, as well as cheese. It's the fatty creamy stuff I can't eat - sauces made with dairy products - I suspect it's the oil in them! I never would have known if I hadn't just started paying attention to what went in the hole in my face, logging, writing it down! Amazing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.