FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Nutrition & labeling (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/nutrition-labeling/)
-   -   Is flavored water allowed? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/nutrition-labeling/4795-flavored-water-allowed.html)

Tvdshdaa 07-21-2011 09:08 PM

Is flavored water allowed?

Hey…
I was just looking for if it’s ok to use water flavoring packets in my water? I love water, but sometimes I get tired of just plain water

mecompco 07-22-2011 09:50 AM

I don't know why not--they have 0 calories don't they? However, like diet soda, some folks may find that the sweetness sets off cravings for other sweet foods/drinks.

Regards,
Michael

VitoVino 07-28-2011 11:51 AM

For a change of pace I buy Lime flavored Seltzer water. Zero calories, lightly flavored and not sweet, and along with the fizz it's quite enjoyable.

sammaine 08-28-2011 04:57 AM

I drink flavored water all the time. Plain water can get incredibly boring, and I find that if I just try to drink unflavored water all the time, I start craving something with flavor. If that something is flavored water, I will give into soda.

I use flavor packets, and drink a lot of Sobe Lifewater and Vitaminwater. I just make sure to get the Zero calorie kind, which actually doesn't taste like "diet" drink.

I also check what they use to sweeten it. I try not to drink anything with aspartame or other chemicals that are supposedly harmful. Instead, I look for things like blue agave nectar, and stevia extract which are supposed to naturally come from plants.

VitoVino 08-28-2011 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by sammaine (Post 55168)
Instead, I look for things like blue agave nectar, and stevia extract which are supposed to naturally come from plants.

Good tip. I'll be on the lookout for beverages containing these.

mecompco 09-12-2011 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tristanan (Post 56452)
I will never recommend the flavored water because flavored water can't remain the water. Plane water is the best source of the pure water. We can call this flavored juice not flavored water.

Plane water is my favorite--rather pricey, though, and those pat-downs make it hardly worth the effort.

Regards,
Michael

cjohnson728 09-13-2011 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 56461)
Plane water is my favorite--rather pricey, though, and those pat-downs make it hardly worth the effort.

Regards,
Michael

ROFL!

Tristanan, if you're about to start spamming, just don't even go there.

neatcorvin 09-18-2011 10:26 PM

flavoured water is a very good tip i do use flavoured milk when i got annoyed of simple milk but now i ll definitely try flavoured water.....

mecompco 09-19-2011 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by neatcorvin (Post 57204)
flavoured water is a very good tip i do use flavoured milk when i got annoyed of simple milk but now i ll definitely try flavoured water.....

I agree, simple milk is the pits. Now, I DO hope you're not going to start SPAMMing the forum as we'll take away your chocolate milk money.

Regards,
Michael