Canucks and FD food searches

Community
Notices

Canucks and FD food searches

Old 11-23-2010, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb Canucks and FD food searches

Hello all you Canucks out there!

Beware of the food search in the FD food log for "same" foods. I realized that many foods with the same names that we have here, do NOT have the same nutritional data.

ie: Fiber One (U.S.) and Fibre 1 are different as well as yogurt, milk, soup etc. 20 calories and 2-3 g of fat here and there, do make a difference when you add them all up at the end of the day. Also, the serving size may be different.

I also prefer an accurate account of vitamins and minerals, so I have started using the "Create a custom food" section a lot more.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi fellow Canuck

Hello Bobbienne, I just noticed that now with All bran. Our all bran has more fibre per half cup than the US one. I guess I have to customize it somewhat.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Boo Canucks!

GO WILD!!!! HAVLAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Another thing to watch for is cooking instructions. I am going to assume that 1 cup of cooked oatmeal includes salt added durig cooking. I do not use salt in my daily cooking.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24
Another thing to watch for is cooking instructions. I am going to assume that 1 cup of cooked oatmeal includes salt added durig cooking. I do not use salt in my daily cooking.
Very true, and this goes for most types of foods. I'll often opt for the "raw" food and add my own calories in if applicable (i.e. cooked in butter or oil of some sort, added sodium, etc.) to get a more precise number.

Regards,
Michael