FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Nutrition & labeling (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/nutrition-labeling/)
-   -   Too Much Food? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/nutrition-labeling/26646-too-much-food.html)

saraclark62 04-26-2018 12:30 PM

Too Much Food?

Hi. I have been in anorexia recovery for 5 1/2 years. Recently, within the past week and a half, I started eating more. I can physically feel and see myself getting bigger since I increased my caloric intake. I am a healthy weight - 5'5 and 115 lbs (now 117). Personally, I don't think what I am eating should cause me to gain weight, but clearly I am not able to maintain on more than 1500/1600 calories. Can you please provide feedback about why you think I am gaining weight? Do you think I eat too much? I am sedentary and the only activity that I do is school work and mainly sitting. I am not active.

Breakfast:
1 cup Golean cereal (160 cal)
2 egg whites
1 cup strawberries
coffee w/ fat free cream

Snack:
1 1/2 cup of spaghetti squash
1 carrot

Lunch:
A can of tuna (120 cal) or 4 oz of grilled chicken in either a salad or an 80-cal wrap.
1 Greek yogurt (80 cal)

Dinner:
5 oz meat (usually grilled chicken, shrimp, salmon, swordfish, etc - no red meat)
1 medium summer squash (steamed)
1 medium zuchinni (steamed)
1 cup spaghetti squash

Snack:
1/2 Golean cereal (80 cal) or air-popped popcorn
1 Greek Yogurt (80 cal)

Note: Twice per week I have been challenging myself with an egg white omelette made with broccoli and squash but still have strawberries and coffee. If I have an egg white omelette in the morning, I will have 1 cup of golean cereal and 1 greek yogurt at night.

Kathy13118 04-27-2018 12:33 AM

At your height, you are not overweight! It is in the normal weight range for your height, even on the low side. Maybe talk to your doctor about your anxiety - because you are fairly thin to begin with and dieting now with anxiety about what you're eating is not good!

JoJoRawVegan4Life 04-27-2018 12:14 PM

Hi, I would incorporate more fruits with your veggies. I personally cannot eat meat, dairy, or gluten containing products, they cause me to have bad digestion and therefore weight gain.

jamesrcurtis 10-06-2018 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by saraclark62 (Post 138088)
Hi. I have been in anorexia recovery for 5 1/2 years. Recently, within the past week and a half, I started eating more. I can physically feel and see myself getting bigger since I increased my caloric intake. I am a healthy weight - 5'5 and 115 lbs (now 117). Personally, I don't think what I am eating should cause me to gain weight, but clearly I am not able to maintain on more than 1500/1600 calories. Can you please provide feedback about why you think I am gaining weight? Do you think I eat too much? I am sedentary and the only activity that I do is school work and mainly sitting. I am not active.

Breakfast:
1 cup Golean cereal (160 cal)
2 egg whites
1 cup strawberries
coffee w/ fat free cream

Snack:
1 1/2 cup of spaghetti squash
1 carrot

Lunch:
A can of tuna (120 cal) or 4 oz of grilled chicken in either a salad or an 80-cal wrap.
1 Greek yogurt (80 cal)

Dinner:
5 oz meat (usually grilled chicken, shrimp, salmon, swordfish, etc - no red meat)
1 medium summer squash (steamed)
1 medium zuchinni (steamed)
1 cup spaghetti squash

Snack:
1/2 Golean cereal (80 cal) or air-popped popcorn
1 Greek Yogurt (80 cal)

Note: Twice per week I have been challenging myself with an egg white omelette made with broccoli and squash but still have strawberries and coffee. If I have an egg white omelette in the morning, I will have 1 cup of golean cereal and 1 greek yogurt at night.

Add some fruits to lunch like cranberry, orange, apple, grape. They are good for constipation, detoxifier, vitamins, and nutrition.

Veronic24 10-29-2021 10:01 PM

Eating a lot is just as unhealthy a habit as drinking water all at once!!! Unfortunately, these habits are very hard to break in adulthood!

MarryTitcher 05-10-2022 02:36 AM

it was helpful to me

BenLows 11-28-2022 12:48 AM

Thanks it helped a lot

FalkoDiete 12-21-2022 07:25 AM

g

nice good

Sam987 04-06-2023 03:43 AM

Hi there. Food, like everything else, needs balance. Too much is bad, but too little is also bad.:)