FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Nutrition & labeling (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/nutrition-labeling/)
-   -   Why doesn't FitDay allow for tracking sugar in foods? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/nutrition-labeling/25761-why-doesnt-fitday-allow-tracking-sugar-foods.html)

sea island 11-28-2017 02:09 PM

Why doesn't FitDay allow for tracking sugar in foods?

This is the main thing I am trying to eliminate right now, and while I can usually tell if something has sugar in it (and it is always on the package label), there is no way to track the total here.

Does anyone know how to put that question to the company or if it's available in the paid version?

angelicpickles 11-30-2017 02:26 AM

Sugar is a form of Carbohydrates. Dietary Fiber is also a form of Carbohydrates. You can track your total sugar in FitDay by subtracting your Fiber from your Carbohydrates. Check out the Wikipedia page for "Sugar" for more info.

SpeakerPhreaker 12-02-2017 04:12 AM

because fitday does not listen to our complaints or concerns.

Its a very easy fix from a programmers point of view

a bunch of extra lines of code, easy peasy

wolfganghb 12-06-2017 06:34 AM

I agree, should be included

01gt4.6 12-07-2017 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by sea island (Post 136541)
This is the main thing I am trying to eliminate right now, and while I can usually tell if something has sugar in it (and it is always on the package label), there is no way to track the total here.

Does anyone know how to put that question to the company or if it's available in the paid version?

I don't believe it's available for the paid version. I will double check.

tyen 12-07-2017 08:20 AM

Sugar tracking is not available unfortunately. It's a super popular request.

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 136699)
I don't believe it's available for the paid version. I will double check.

tinderpickuplines 03-23-2018 12:08 PM

thanks for the tips

harlywalter 05-24-2023 11:14 PM

FitDay may not include an option for tracking sugar in foods due to several reasons. One possibility is that the platform's focus may primarily be on overall calorie intake and macronutrient tracking, such as carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. Sugar, although a carbohydrate, may not be considered a key metric for their target audience or the main emphasis of their tracking system.

Additionally, tracking sugar accurately can be challenging because it comes in various forms (natural and added sugars) and may be listed on food labels under different names. Determining the exact sugar content in homemade or restaurant-prepared meals can be complex and unreliable.

FitDay might also prioritize simplicity and user experience by offering a streamlined interface without overwhelming users with too many tracking options. By focusing on broader nutritional components, they aim to provide a more straightforward and user-friendly platform.

It's worth noting that if tracking sugar intake is a specific dietary concern for you, there are other nutrition tracking apps and websites available that offer more comprehensive options for monitoring sugar content in foods. These platforms may include a broader range of nutritional data to suit different dietary needs and preferences.