Notices

eggs

Old 11-18-2014, 11:41 PM
FitDay Member

Default eggs

When I was looking through the results on eggs, I see there is a big variation between boiled, fried, scrambled, raw, omelette... why is that?

Assuming that you are not adding any additional oil/fat in the process of preparation, the egg itself shouldn't change it's nutritional value, right?
Old 11-19-2014, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

The assumption must be that you need oil to fry an egg. Also, you likely use some fat (oil or butter) to scramble an egg. It would have to be taken into account - there isn't much difference (I hope!) between a soft-boiled egg and a hard-boiled egg, or poached egg, though. There's just egg and water in those preparations.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:45 PM
FitDay Member

It's exactly like Kathy says and no there is no difference between soft-boiled and hard-boiled. There is a difference in fried because of what you said: fat
Old 03-28-2015, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

Actually there is a difference, if it is too much boiled boiled, on high temperature egg will lose a lot of the essential ingredients.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:47 PM
FitDay Member

See eggs are great source of proteins and it is a nutrient food so whether u eat boiled or fried or omelete all are good for health.