Hey all.. very new to fitness

Community
Notices

Hey all.. very new to fitness

Old 06-29-2013, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hey all.. very new to fitness

Hey all,
I'm not sure how all this works but here goes nothing..
I'm 25 years old and weigh approx. 80kg, before I had my 1st child 4 years ago I weighed 60kg. I'm pretty much eating the same as I did 10 years ago at high school; usually once a day after school and MAYBE an apple etc in between- I used to have thIs big problem where I couldn't eat infront of someone..anyways..
I can't seem to lose this weight I have gained- I habeas been told I need to eat properly- more than once a day, but everytime I get onto the straight and narrow I forget to eat that day and it throws that out the window..
Okay- medications.. I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder maybe 7 years ago and have been on anti dependants since then. The past 5 years have pretty much gone downhill which is the reason I'm here.
So I met Mr Right 5 years ago and fell madly inlove with him. He asked to have a baby with me and I fell pregnant soon after, 3 months into pregnancy I found out he was smoking pot and I asked him to choose.. So I spent the rest of pregnancy alone and heartbroken. I developed preclampsia and had an emergency c section giving birth to a 2070gram 5 week premature baby boy. I flat lined on the table. Spent 3 days in ICU and was able to hold my son.the first time when he was 4 days old. Sorry this is so long butter its hard to tell my story without these bits. After 2 weeks in hospital we were allowed to go home. When I met up with my ex to tell him he was a daddy- that's where I met his new gf(apparently they were trying too). This is where he first accused me of cheating on him bit a dna test proved him wrong- I don't know where id be without that $10 fortnightly bonus :/.
I met this man when my son cut his first tooth and again, I fell pregnant, he asked me ti marry him and of course I said yes- I had trouble after trouble with this pregnancy- cholestaysis and high blood pressure among other things. I gave birth to a baby girl and found out she was terribly sick and she passed away 11 hours old. It took 7 months to get an autopsy report that said My placenta had torn while giving birth which starved her of oxygen. I was diagnosed with PTSD and was prescribed 300mg anti dependants a day. I got sick of telling people how I felt and what my story was so I stopped going to therapy. Our engagement broke down because we were both mourning in a different ways and neither of us could understand.
I turned to my best friend id known since high school, where she then revealed she had slept with my fiance. So I threw in the towel on that friendship. Id known her for 10 years.
I'm currently studying and for the sake of my son I want to get back on track.. Which means being happy with my image. I'm sorry again this is so long but for anyone to understand and attempt to give me advise I need to tell you where I've just come from. I believe I am still suffering depression as pretty much everyday when I get home from collage I crash on the lounge for couple hours. Any amount of feedback is appreciated to get back on my feet but I will not accept anything negative. Thanks everyone
Old 06-30-2013, 08:00 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, hehecherie, and {{{hugs}}}. You've gone through some tough times, but from your story, I can tell you have a good head on your shoulders.

If you're just eating once a day, this can have negative effects on your body.
1 Meal vs. 3 Meals | Mark's Daily Apple You probably take your meds at regularly scheduled times. Start thinking of food as medicine and add at least one additional meal into your day.

What are your plans to get healthy? You don't have to start big. It can start with one small thing like walking for 15 min a day or replacing refined grains with whole grains. Just take it one step and one day at a time.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:34 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you carollynnq
Ok so for about a month or so I had been walking my great dane x to pick my son up from childcare 4 days a week, but because its been quite cold and the sun goes down earlier I haven't been doing that. I've bought a bike and took a ride to the shop and back, I got somen not so nice feedback from that so Ivery been trying to work out when my family doesn't know. Its sad but yeah.. I stay away from chips and snacks because I know they're addictive and it won't fill you with anything good. I really have to get into the right mind and just eat when I remember to- even if I have to set an alarm on my phone for reminders. I have become very forgetful and chose to have an implant contraceptive because of this reason.. So baby steps at a time. I want to be healthy, lose weight and fit to keep up with my son and I do believe this is the first step out of this hole I seem to be in
Old 07-01-2013, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

I've found the weekly motivation thread here very helpful for me.

On that thread are lots of folks who enjoy giving and getting support, encouragement, tips, and sharing a few laughs, take a peek at this thread ---> http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...tml#post100428

In there, people post things they'd personally like to accomplish during the week,then post updates as to their progress. No pressure, though. There's no competition, you share only what you want to share. A new thread starts every Monday. But you can jump in at any time.

Give it a quick read and if it's something you'd be interested in, join on in!

(invite wording borrowed from epixi)
Old 07-01-2013, 04:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hello Hehecherie,

You have been through some rough times. This site is a good place to get support and cheerleaders through your ups and downs of weight loss. You should try the motivational link that Carolynn provided. They are all great. Hope to see you there!
Old 07-02-2013, 12:48 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you so much yes being new to this site I don't know where to go etc so I will definitely check out the link after I finish typing
I think the biggest thing I've learned is to stay positive- nomatter how many times you're kicked while down, your attitude towards everything really makes all the difference! It definitely helps when others such as yourselves are caring and supportive too.. It makes your day. My philosophy since my son was born has been "How do I want to be remembered?" and I ask myself this question every single day.
Thank you again
Old 07-02-2013, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Hehecherie
I think the biggest thing I've learned is to stay positive- nomatter how many times you're kicked while down, your attitude towards everything really makes all the difference! It definitely helps when others such as yourselves are caring and supportive too.. It makes your day. My philosophy since my son was born has been "How do I want to be remembered?" and I ask myself this question every single day....
That attitude will get you far in life - and is a great example for your son.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

First of all, I am sorry for your loss.

I think in your situation I would still be depressed. Losing a child is hard enough and you suffered the breakdown of a relationship and the loss of a long time friend. I think its great that you're going to school. Are there any resources at the college that could help you out? I went through some stuff when I was in school and they had an excellent counselor there that I got to speak to weekly. It was the only time I actually did any sort of therapy and actually felt like I got something out of it.

Are you still on the antidepressants? Also, read up on the implant contraceptive that you have. Sometimes the hormones can cause you to gain weight, or make it really hard to lose weight. If you're not in a relationship right now, maybe think about having it removed. I used hormonal birth control for a long time and it always messed me up.

As for people giving you a hard time for exercising, ignore them. Don't let people hold you back.