Notices

gluten free - 1200 calories per day

Old 06-09-2013, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Angry gluten free - 1200 calories per day

Hi - my husband has to eat gluten free and usually I do too --- I limit myself to 2 pieces of bread per day - I have been trying to do a 1200 cal diet per day but nothing seems to work -

I like mostly meats etc and my downfall is French fries and pizza

Like to eat the smart ones dinners from WW

Anyone got any magic tricks
Old 06-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

No tricks. I don't think bread makes you fat (depends on the bread and how many calories there are in a slice). The only thing I can think of to beat the french fries/ pizza habit is to make your own pizza. Make it with sauce containing just a smidgen of olive oil and use non-dairy parmesan cheese. Make the french fries from blanched raw potatoes that you dry, spray with canola oil canned spray and then bake at very high heat on parchment paper. Then make that your french fry indulgence.

I love the non-cheese parmesan cheese I found on the 'health food' shelf at the supermarket.

You are never going to be able to eat a lotta lotta calories of these things, but you can eat 'healthier' fries, and 'healthier' pizza. It makes it a bit easier to wean yourself off the 'hard stuff.'

You can find gluten-free pizza recipes. I make pizza with a hefty percentage of the flour being buckwheat, and it tastes fine to me. I don't think it would be suitable for your husband, because my pizza still contains wheat flour. I'm pretty sure there are gluten-free recipes and even products for gluten-free pizza out there. Amazon grocery has a section just for gluten-free products. Have you thought of using Brazilian cheese bread (Yoki brand) to make pizza? I don't know if that would work, but the product looks delicious to me.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 06-09-2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Link removed