Notices

Do I really have the strength?

Old 05-29-2013, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Question Do I really have the strength?

Hello everyone, I hope all is well for you. I made it through day 1, and feeling a small sense of hope now. I just had a baby in April, and I weighed 330 lbs in 2011 and I am so scared to go back to that. I feel my husband looks at me with disgust, the same way I see myself. I have 3 kids (1 of which is disabled) and a new baby, and we can't afford work out videos or anything. Stress is definitely haunting me on top of having diabetes, epilepsy, and being a smoker. I don't have any friends, cant afford to do anything and no transportation doesn't help. Sorry not trying to have a pity party, just helps to get it out even if no one is listening. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening!!

I do hope everyone is doing well with the program and Good Luck to everyone!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

Good for you for having a good day one! You CAN do it. I take everything one day at a time. I can usually manage focusing on my goals for one day.

There's a weekly motivation thread where we post our daily goals for the week, and members give each other support and encouragement. It's a very friendly group. Come join us over there:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...new-start.html

There are lots of free workout videos on youtube. You might like Leslie Sanson walking in place workout, or Jonathan Roche no excuses workout.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default Do I really have the strength?

Thank you so much for your response!!!! I am linking on to the 7 Day Motivational Thread right now. I will also look for those workouts on youtube as well!!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Smile good luck

The first few days are always the hardest. I am new here and just posted my first thread a few minutes ago. I started a month ago. I think the threads that I have read demonstrate how everyone here is supportive. I will be rooting for you every step of the way. I have days that I feel stressed out and need support, too. Good luck, and I am looking forward talking to you more on the forum.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Jimmyswifey (Mindy, right?)! I'm so proud of you for making it through Day1! You're well on your way now!

I wholeheartedly second Carolynn's suggestion of Youtube. A wealth of material there. I just found a dance routine I'd like to learn. It looks like fun and it looks like a GREAT workout. The instructor takes her time, explains the moves well and breaks the moves down to very simple elements.

Do you have a way to connect to the internet via your TV? It may be easier to follow the Youtube videos on the TV rather than on your computer monitor, but either way will work.

Anyway, the one I found that I think I'm going to start learning is How to Bollywood Dance: Navrai Majhi. I just bookmarked it. It comes in 4 parts. Want to learn it with me? I bet the kids would love to learn it, too! Well, all except that baby... s/he's not *quite* ready for it yet .

And a hearty Hello to you, Renewed Soul! I'm so glad you found your way here! You are so right that the first few days can be a challenge. Hey, let's all learn Navrai Majhi together! Whaddya say?
Old 05-29-2013, 12:59 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi episode,

That type of dance sounds fun! I definitely will check into it. Congratulations on your weight loss. It sounds like you are doing great!
Old 05-30-2013, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the dance link, I will definately give it a try, and the kids LOVE to dance. Feeling more hopeful today!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2013, 03:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default to Jimmyswifey0602 :)

Hi! I haven't seen you post the past couple of days on the motivational part of the forum. I was wondering if you are okay?
Old 06-05-2013, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Exclamation Rough couple of days

I've had a baby boy with thrush the last few days so haven't been able to be on, but I DID log my stuff on paper so I could enter it all when I had a chance. So here is my update been doing good with keeping my calories in the negative. (Almost didn't make it Monday)
I have been avoiding weighing myself, but finally got the encouragement from my husband and I have lost 6 pounds. I cried!!! (Tears of joy, of course)
Some days I have the motivation, but other's my kids wear me out. (5 and a new born) I try to keep telling my self it will all be worth the work, but then somehow I talk myself out of positivity just as fast!!
I also have a tendency to "eat my feelings" because I have no other outlets. So, how do I do I stop that? Anti-depressants do not work. (Tried them!!)
I feel like a winner and a loser all at the same time.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jimmyswifey0602
I have lost 6 pounds. I cried!!! (Tears of joy, of course)
I try to keep telling myself I AM worth the work
I fixed your post. Congrats on the 6 pounds!!! I think we should change the title from "Do I...?" to "I do...!"

Every now and them I hand out a dancing banana. I think that loss deserves a banana riding a llama!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.