FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Getting started today 5-19 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/9589-getting-started-today-5-19-a.html)

hmjfit 05-19-2013 06:16 AM

Getting started today 5-19

I just came across Fitday by accident, really, but thought maybe it's what I need to lose weight. I eat healthy on the whole, am pretty current about nutrition, exercise regularly (mostly yoga, but some cardio, too, though I' sure I need to add more), and yet, I cannot seem to lose weight. I feel like if I breath air, I gain another pound! I'm fifty, but haven't (yet) hit menopause, so I keep thinking maybe my body is preparing for that. If I'm honest with myself, I know that I do overeat at times. Usually healthy stuff--hummus, nuts, Indian food (basically any ethnic food), but still, overeating is overeating, no matter how healthy the food. My cholesterol is, according to my doctor, FANTASTIC, so no worries there, and my blood pressure is good. So, really, I just have to somehow get this weight thing under control. I think about my weight (and my waistline) way too much--it is really getting me down and I am just plain frustrated! I'm hoping Fitday will help me make the little (or big) changes I need to make.:)

episode2011 05-19-2013 08:09 AM

Hello and welcome, HMJ! I hope you'll find Fitday to be just what you're looking for!

In addition to logging your food/activities, I hope you'll take a peek at this thread: 7 Day Motivational Thread starting May 13: Getting Our Groove Back. We start a new one every Monday (so a new one will start up tomorrow). People post up the things they, specifically, would like to work on during the week. Then, during the week, we post updates on how we're doing. Successes, challenges, questions, and just general, friendly chatter and encouragement. If that sort of thing is of interest to you, I hope you'll consider joining us!

In any event, good luck to you!

Edit: Here is the new thread for this week ---> 7 Day Motivational Thread starting May 20 - Stay Strong!

bobcameron 06-22-2013 10:31 AM

Hello

Just some advice about FITDAY...today I hit my goal weight...again. I have been using this site for about 9 years. I have hit my goal weight three times. After each time I became lackadasical and quit logging in daily and particularly not food tracking.

Predictibly the weight returned. I have now lost 50 lbs (three times) and learned this: It's a process and lifestyle, no quick fixes. Also the most important part is to stay on track with this site, learn and study nutrition and NEVER lie to yourself.

I have reset my goal to lose another 20 lbs by Thanksgiving and then truly maintain. Without FITDAY I would be lost. It truly is a very helpful site, but only if you are commited to being honest and faithfully doing your inputs. I am more committed than ever! Thank you FITDAY.

And best of luck to you HMJ!

Ps just noticed my join date is off. I used to track on paper so maybe I'm off on my join date but don't thi k so??? Anyway went from 287.5 to 237.5 over time with a few 20 plus lb lapses. On my way to 217.5!

Robyn7762 06-23-2013 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by hmjfit (Post 98931)
I just came across Fitday by accident, really, but thought maybe it's what I need to lose weight. I eat healthy on the whole, am pretty current about nutrition, exercise regularly (mostly yoga, but some cardio, too, though I' sure I need to add more), and yet, I cannot seem to lose weight. I feel like if I breath air, I gain another pound! I'm fifty, but haven't (yet) hit menopause, so I keep thinking maybe my body is preparing for that. If I'm honest with myself, I know that I do overeat at times. Usually healthy stuff--hummus, nuts, Indian food (basically any ethnic food), but still, overeating is overeating, no matter how healthy the food. My cholesterol is, according to my doctor, FANTASTIC, so no worries there, and my blood pressure is good. So, really, I just have to somehow get this weight thing under control. I think about my weight (and my waistline) way too much--it is really getting me down and I am just plain frustrated! I'm hoping Fitday will help me make the little (or big) changes I need to make.:)

Hi, hmjfit.
I have just joined FitDay. I was another site and lost 30 lbs. in the past year. I have been bounce around 2-5 lbs. now for several months. I am also 50...I will be 51 in July. and I am in full blown menopause. I think way too much about my waist also and I do overeat too. I like the FitDay is laid out over the other LoseIt! site that I was on.

Good to here your bp & cholesterol are good. My Cholesterol is a little high, I'm on bp pills, I am diabetic...hypoglycemic! I have to eat regular or my sugar drops.

Nice to meet you. I hope you do well.

Robyn:)