Notices

Hello from Kentucky

Old 04-27-2013, 02:20 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hello from Kentucky

Hello everyone. I am new here. My name is Debbie and I am 38 years old. I never really worried about my weight until being diagnosed with breast cancer on August 17, 2012 and finding out that my weight may contribute to a possible recurrence in my future. I have been making changes in my diet and have joined a gym. I started out at 209 pounds and am currently down to 174. Some of this weight loss is from chemotherapy..definitely not a recommended way of losing weight! My goal is to get down to around 140 pounds.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:08 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the forum, Debbie.

Fitday is really a great tool for weight loss, and the community here is friendly and helpful.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Stay positive
Old 05-01-2013, 06:56 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Debbie! First of all: I wish you luck in your treatments, you seem determined and strong so I have total faith that you can beat it. As for weight loss/getting healthy, we've got the exact same goal. I'd love to work with you and keep in touch with you on here. Selfishly: I do best at losing weight when I've got friends (as they all say) but I like to have friends online, not at the gym. Being at the gym is "me time." Anyhow, if you're interested, let me know! My story is under the thread titled "Newbie from SoCal!"

And hang in there! The best thing is that you're choosing to work towards your health and that will help you in the end. You'll beat this.