Notices

N00b question re: calories burned

Old 04-15-2013, 02:09 PM
FitDay Member

Question N00b question re: calories burned

Hi,

I just signed up tonight and have a question re: logging my calorie 'burn'. I have an armband (brand shall remain nameless!) that tracks my activity and so calorie burn through the day. This varies from 2200-2800 calories per day depending on how active I am that day. Is there a way I can enter this value into FitDay? I kinda want to stop using the band's own food/calories burned tracker because it's a monthly subscription fee and I can still get the activity/calories burned reading by syncing it to a display they sell for it (it came with the package when I bought it) every day without needing to pay the subscription for it any more. Anyone know how I can enter a 'raw' calories burned number into the FitDay system?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:57 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hi

Hi, when I joined it gave me a total of the amount of calories burned during the day by my activity (mainly sitting and innactive as it was) When I add what I have done exercise wise it changes the amount I have been sitting automatically and alters the calories.

Hope this helps.
Amy
Old 04-17-2013, 03:33 PM
FitDay Member

Yes, go to the Activities section. You could choose a lifestyle that burns about 2200 calories a day for your height and weight. Then if you want to add 300 more calories, I'd just choose an activity like running and put in the duration that would give you another 300 calories burned.