FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Newbie Introduction (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/9381-newbie-introduction.html)

KatRomanceWriter 04-03-2013 12:24 AM

Newbie Introduction

Hi All,

Just signed up here on a recommendation from a friend at work. I've been on and off the weight loss train so often I don't know if I'm coming or going anymore. I do great for a little while and then something derails me. So, I decided what I might need is a support group to help me reach my goals...and here I am. I'm looking forward to learning the tools to lose and keep weight off this time and getting to know all of you on the forums.

My long term goal is to lose 80 lbs by this time next year. My short term is to lose at least 25 of it by August.

-KRW

carolynnq 04-03-2013 05:03 AM

Welcome, KRW. Logging all food eaten into FitDay really keeps me focused on what I'm eating - and makes me think twice (usually!!) before eating something. And entering exercise into the activity log...after doing something where I've just burned 100 calories - it makes me not want to destroy the value of all the time I just spent doing that by eating something when I'm not hungry anyway.

There's a weekly motivation thread you might want to look at. It starts fresh each Monday, but you can jump in at any time. People post their goals for the week and report back in about how they're doing, with other members giving encouragement.

Good for you for making the decision to get fit. I'm trying to focus on developing new habits rather than the weight loss, so that when I do get down to the weight I want to be, healthful eating will be second nature to me.

Archibal 02-18-2014 04:13 PM

Hello Friends, My Name is weatherby. I here to get some knowledge about medical science.

looat50 02-21-2014 12:38 AM

new to FITDAY

Hi,
I am new to this website. I have been on and off ten to twenty pounds and approaching my 50th birthday! I don't want to feel sluggish or dowdy when I turn fifty. I want to feel as good as I can so I am getting back to healthy eating and excercise. I am excited to join FITDAY and know I will be successful.

topspally 03-30-2014 10:16 AM

My best advice is to measure inches instead of weight in the beginning. You will be converting fat to muscle if you start exercising, even mild exercising will start the process and you may be like many people who do not lose weight in the first few months, but gain a lot of great muscle. Current thought is that muscle burns more calories during every day life activities than fat does. Talk to your health care professional and measure measure measure. I am so happy you have joined FitDay, you took the first step. Good for you.