FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   New here, a bit confused (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/9249-new-here-bit-confused.html)

hillaryMc 03-05-2013 06:42 AM

New here, a bit confused

Hi everyone, I'm Hillary.

I'm trying to figure out the numbers on my home page. The red bar says 2110,
and above it is Net Calories which is -1742. Does that mean I'm supposed to eat 2110 and exercise off 368 cals (the difference between the two)? I can't eat 2110 calories in day! And I can exercise off way more than 368 calories.

Please help! :)

carolynnq 03-05-2013 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by hillaryMc (Post 96475)
Hi everyone, I'm Hillary.

I'm trying to figure out the numbers on my home page. The red bar says 2110,
and above it is Net Calories which is -1742. Does that mean I'm supposed to eat 2110 and exercise off 368 cals (the difference between the two)? I can't eat 2110 calories in day! And I can exercise off way more than 368 calories.

Please help! :)

Hi Hillary, I wish I could help, but I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Do you have FitDay Premium? (I only have the regular one.)

If you go to the Profile tab and enter your height, weight, and daily activity level - then when you go to the activity tab, it will show how many calories you need to burn to maintain that weight.

hillaryMc 03-05-2013 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by carolynnq (Post 96485)
Hi Hillary, I wish I could help, but I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Do you have FitDay Premium? (I only have the regular one.)

If you go to the Profile tab and enter your height, weight, and daily activity level - then when you go to the activity tab, it will show how many calories you need to burn to maintain that weight.

I don't have Premium. I'm looking at Home>Dashboard>Calorie Balance (There is a drop down there for other options to see different breakdowns.)

cjohnson728 03-05-2013 02:54 PM

Took a peek (I use classic, not 2.0, and I don't have those bars). But it looks like:

Green bar is how many calories you have logged as eaten.

Yellow is how many calories you have expended through exercise.

Red is how many calories you burn during lifestyle (not exercise, just by normal daily activity).

Basically, if you burn (total) 500 more than you eat daily, you will lose a pound a week (to lose a pound, you have to burn 3500 more than you eat; 500 per day times 7 days is 3500). To lose 2 pounds a week, you need to have a calorie deficit (burned minus eaten) of 1000 calories a day. I think burned minus eaten is what you are seeing as "net calories."

hillaryMc 03-06-2013 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 96496)
Took a peek (I use classic, not 2.0, and I don't have those bars). But it looks like:

Green bar is how many calories you have logged as eaten.

Yellow is how many calories you have expended through exercise.

Red is how many calories you burn during lifestyle (not exercise, just by normal daily activity).

Basically, if you burn (total) 500 more than you eat daily, you will lose a pound a week (to lose a pound, you have to burn 3500 more than you eat; 500 per day times 7 days is 3500). To lose 2 pounds a week, you need to have a calorie deficit (burned minus eaten) of 1000 calories a day. I think burned minus eaten is what you are seeing as "net calories."

Thank you. I get it now. :)