Notices

what does "calories lifestyle" mean?

Old 03-03-2013, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default what does "calories lifestyle" mean?

what does the information "calories lifestyle" mean? Does this indicate how many calories I should consume in order to "keep" my weight at my current level?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, your calories lifestyle shows how many calories someone of your height and weight needs to maintain their body weight if they are sitting all day, doing physical exercise all day, or whatever.

However, I'm not sure that sleeping is factored into this. I chose my lifestyle (mostly sitting with some activity) - that gave me about 2100 calories. Then I made an entry for 7 hrs sleep and that brought it down to 1900 calories daily.

So theoretically, if I eat 1900 calories a day, I should stay at this weight.

I’ve been trying to have about a 7000 calorie deficit for the week (eating 1000-1500 calories daily) and making up the rest with exercise and other activities. That should result in about 2 lbs a week weight loss - which is what I’ve been losing - so that tells me those numbers are about right.