Notices

hi, new here

Old 02-24-2013, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default hi, new here

hello. i'm new here. looking to lose 70 pounds. i need to lose 1.34 pounds/week.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Log your food (measure everything and record everything). Find out how much you eat in calories now. Subtract about 500 calories from that number. Use that new daily number (after the 500 subtracted = new number) as a goal. Log your food every day after measuring and see if you can hit that target.

That's the basics. But you should use other tools that use your weight and height to figure out your 'number of calories' - fitday has those tools!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:55 PM
FitDay Member

thanks Kathy, will do that!
starting today.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tajah00
thanks Kathy, will do that!
starting today.
Yes, measuring things is essential. It can be a real eye-opener as to what an actual serving is.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:16 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carolynnq
Yes, measuring things is essential. It can be a real eye-opener as to what an actual serving is.
that's good advice too too, thanks for the measuring tips. it was a real eye opener. have lost a few pounds since keeping track of my portion size.