Aiming to lose 42 pounds by August 1st >

Aiming to lose 42 pounds by August 1st

Community
Notices

Aiming to lose 42 pounds by August 1st

Old 02-14-2013, 03:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Smile Aiming to lose 42 pounds by August 1st

I weighed 187 lbs when I started FitDay. I haven't "been on a diet" since Weight Watchers came out with their annual "new" program back in 1990. My goal is to get to 145 lbs, but I actually need to be more like 130 lbs. (I'm 5'3".) I don't want to be too unrealistic with the goal thing. I'm just hoping I can get to 145. In the 3-4 days I've been using FitDay, I've lost 5 lbs just by tracking my food. Weird, because it feels like I'm not dieting - like I'm just keeping tabs on myself foodwise. That's a good feeling. The mood log is fun, and I really appreciate the "lifestyle calories" and calories for household chores, which it seems Weight Watchers wouldn't count as burning calories. Household stuff is all the excercise I get!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

You will do it, no doubt on that!

I find it hard to track my food intake. That is something I need to work on.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

CX - you're off to a good start!

I like the food tracker too. It keeps me honest about how much I'm eating and makes me think about portion size.

When I do housework, I like to put lively music on. It makes me move faster and makes me WANT to move.