FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Motivation (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/9076-motivation.html)

Jezzie8 02-02-2013 03:07 AM

Motivation

Hello, I'm new again to FD, so thought I'd try a discussion board to find some positive feedback and encouragement. I tried this a yr ago and quit. I'm basically the same weight, 206.6 today!! Ideally I'd like to be 155 but that seems unrealistic. I'm 56 yrs old, have a desk job, high stress, no significant other to encourage or exercise with. Recently have shoulder problem, had a cortisone injection so nursing that back to health. I am an emotional eater - if lonely or down and also boredom is dangerous LOL On the other hand, I have low energy and tend to feel like "why bother, nobody really cares"?? I know I need to snap out of it and dig deep!! I'm hoping I find someone to communicate with a couple times a week :) To all those out there struggling, you're not alone, let's try to stay on track & positive with each others help :D

bojibridge 02-02-2013 04:06 AM

Hey Jezzie - I am soo bad at eating when I'm bored. I'm not even hungry, it's just like, oh I don't have anything to do, why don't I just stuff my face! I hear you! If you would like, we have a weekly motivational thread over the the motivation section of the forums that you can join. We just kind of cheer each other on throughout the week, post goals and help hold each other accountable.

Jezzie8 02-02-2013 04:11 AM

Thanks Joanna/bojibridge! I will look for that conversation :) On Monday I leave on a business trip for the week so this week will be very difficult for me to stay on track. I'll try to check in a couple evenings if time permits. What is this thread called? How do I find it? Looking forward to some good discussion in weeks to come...

ahappieru 02-05-2013 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jezzie8 (Post 95164)
Thanks Joanna/bojibridge! I will look for that conversation :) On Monday I leave on a business trip for the week so this week will be very difficult for me to stay on track. I'll try to check in a couple evenings if time permits. What is this thread called? How do I find it? Looking forward to some good discussion in weeks to come...

Jezzie,

The thread is called "7-day motivational thread". It starts new every Monday and sticks to the top of the "Motivation and support" forum page.

Rdh559 02-13-2013 09:41 AM

hi jezzie, i too am new to FD. i always feel like i'm in this alone as well. i've tried everything only to gain my weight back. so frustrating. my problem is that i don't finish things i begin all energetic only to stop weeks in. i've paid for the diatician and so far so good. we're in the midst of setting my goals and she replys quickly which i like. i hope to be here for you if you'd like to talk or just vent. i'ts difficult i know but that's what makes it all worth it. be well and strong. PEACE

cxmoore2 02-14-2013 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Jezzie8 (Post 95159)
Hello, I'm new again to FD, so thought I'd try a discussion board to find some positive feedback and encouragement. I tried this a yr ago and quit. I'm basically the same weight, 206.6 today!! Ideally I'd like to be 155 but that seems unrealistic. I'm 56 yrs old, have a desk job, high stress, no significant other to encourage or exercise with. Recently have shoulder problem, had a cortisone injection so nursing that back to health. I am an emotional eater - if lonely or down and also boredom is dangerous LOL On the other hand, I have low energy and tend to feel like "why bother, nobody really cares"?? I know I need to snap out of it and dig deep!! I'm hoping I find someone to communicate with a couple times a week :) To all those out there struggling, you're not alone, let's try to stay on track & positive with each others help :D

I understand completely. I don't "work outside the home", and what little housework I do is all of the excercise I get. I'm a good 60 pounds overweight (more, if I consider what I used to weigh back in the good old days before 3 children). I just discovered FitDay while searching for something totally unrelated on Google. I am SO excited about it - the logs are fun, the reports are great, and they count housework as calorie burning - fantastic! I'm sure at some point the fun may wear off, but that may not happen very soon because I have OCD. It's driving me to log my food and dishwashing as soon as I complete it. Then I sit in front of the screen wondering what else I can do on the site. (So I looked at the forums.) In other words, I don't have a life. :) Would be great to have a partner . . .

dcbarrett 02-21-2013 12:07 PM

:eek:I read your posting and thought I had written it. Same age, weight and used FD in the past. I signed in on the weekend and was depressed that 2 years later there was only a 1 lb difference. I have to get this weight off .
I joined a new gym by myself (my friends are not interested in exercise) and started swimming again along with some cardio and weights. I would love to join in with you to give each other support through the good days and the bad. Being alone means that I don't need to come up with an excuse for not going to the gym as there is no-one to tell it to. My animals don't care, they love me the way I am. Problem is that I don't.

scooby1968 02-23-2013 09:20 AM

HI.. i'm new too..

i'm 44 will be 45 in june and want to get down to 175 and i'd be exstatic!! then will go from there.. would like to know how helpful the diat helper on here is? would someone recommend going that route?? I am going to need all the extra help i can get.. i'm willing to accept that it's going to take time as i know it didn't get back on over night its not gonna come off over nite.. but would like some loss from wk to wk.

1glazed 02-28-2013 07:35 AM

Hi Everyone, I'm new to fitday too. My name is Danielle. I'm 39 years old. I am 5'4" tall and currently weigh 156 lbs. I'm not quite sure exactly how much I would like to lose, but I think I would like to lose about 25 pounds. If I'm content with that, "GREAT!" If not, I will set a new goal to lose a few more pounds.

I'm not really into posting in forums, but I'm willing to try try the 7-day motivational thread if it will keep me motivated and on track with my weight loss goals. I'm looking forward to "seeing" some of you in the 7-day motivational thread.

Danielle

carolynnq 02-28-2013 08:54 AM

Welcome, Danielle. Do join in on the motivational thread. Post your goals for the week and then update how you're doing with them.