Notices

I finially got it!

Old 01-08-2013, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up I finially got it!

Hello everyone,

I’m a fifty two year old woman that has had a weight problem for most of my life and the last 17 years have taken their toll on me. Job loss, caretaking of a long term ill parent along with all the other up’s and down’s of everyday life left me tired and drained. I made sure my husband, family and friends were healthy but let myself do what I wouldn't let them do. Over Christmas break, I finally got the message--I need to do as much for myself as I do for them. I need to treat 'me' like I do them. I shake my head at the stuff I said to myself to make over eating and not exercising okay. What was I thinking? Well those days are over! I need to loose well over a hundred pounds so I can do the things I love and get back to living a lifestyle that won’t support me being heavy.

I have no interest in beating myself up. I did what I did and now I have to move on and get healthy. I don't want this to be a chore either! I want to celebrate my new way of thinking and living so that the journey is fun each and everyday as I get closer to living and being healthy in mind, body and soul. Who wants to join me? I'm ready to laugh at my struggles, roll my eye's at the hard work ahead as I tell myself 'yes you can!" and enjoy the trip as much as I enjoyed all those goodies and skewed thinking that got me here. LOL This body is so not the person I am on the inside and it's high time my outside matches my insides . . . again. My husband and kids are with me so let’s reeve up those metabolism’s and get healthy.

Onwards and upwards people! Join me if you're in the same place and let's move together. Let's laugh our way to being healthy and leave a trail of lard miles long in our wake!
Sarah709
Old 01-08-2013, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Sarah! Your attitude is refreshing and energizing. Welcome to FitDay!

Check out the 7-day-motivational thread in the Motivation and Support section. You will find many folks who have a lot in common, and a lot of camaraderie. Looking forward to getting to know you .
Old 01-09-2013, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up RE: Thanks!

Good morning,

Thanks for the reply and I'll certainly will check out the 7-day-motivational thread in the Motivation and Support section. It'll be so nice to connect with others like me. LOL I'm already soooooo glad I found this website!!

Sarah709
Old 01-09-2013, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sarah709
Hello everyone,

I’m a fifty two year old woman that has had a weight problem for most of my life and the last 17 years have taken their toll on me. Job loss, caretaking of a long term ill parent along with all the other up’s and down’s of everyday life left me tired and drained. I made sure my husband, family and friends were healthy but let myself do what I wouldn't let them do. Over Christmas break, I finally got the message--I need to do as much for myself as I do for them. I need to treat 'me' like I do them. I shake my head at the stuff I said to myself to make over eating and not exercising okay. What was I thinking? Well those days are over! I need to loose well over a hundred pounds so I can do the things I love and get back to living a lifestyle that won’t support me being heavy.

I have no interest in beating myself up. I did what I did and now I have to move on and get healthy. I don't want this to be a chore either! I want to celebrate my new way of thinking and living so that the journey is fun each and everyday as I get closer to living and being healthy in mind, body and soul. Who wants to join me? I'm ready to laugh at my struggles, roll my eye's at the hard work ahead as I tell myself 'yes you can!" and enjoy the trip as much as I enjoyed all those goodies and skewed thinking that got me here. LOL This body is so not the person I am on the inside and it's high time my outside matches my insides . . . again. My husband and kids are with me so let’s reeve up those metabolism’s and get healthy.

Onwards and upwards people! Join me if you're in the same place and let's move together. Let's laugh our way to being healthy and leave a trail of lard miles long in our wake!
Sarah709
Sarah,
Love your motivation! It truly is never to late as far as age goes. I am 51 and I haven't been this healthy and strong in many years. If your mind is open to change it can happen. "Keep trying. In every defeat there is a lesson on how to succeed the next time" A little motivation not that you need it
Old 01-09-2013, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Yes!!

Originally Posted by ahappieru
Sarah,
Love your motivation! It truly is never to late as far as age goes. I am 51 and I haven't been this healthy and strong in many years. If your mind is open to change it can happen. "Keep trying. In every defeat there is a lesson on how to succeed the next time" A little motivation not that you need it
Thank you! It makes me feel like I’m on the right track with my life when I hear from good folks like you. All hear from coworkers and some family is--after fifty and dear old Meni(opause) it’s impossible to loose weight. I just can’t buy into that!! I’m taking control of my body. It's not easy but I've done harder things. But when it get's tough--it sure helps A LOT getting messages like yours. Thanks!

Sarah
"Getting healthy isn't for sissy's!"
Old 01-09-2013, 07:50 AM

What a wonderful attitude! With an outlook like that there's no doubt you will succeed in adopting a new lifestyle. I love the part that said you want to celebrate the journey and enjoy each and every day. I hadn't thought of it that way before myself, but now I think I will try to adopt that mentality too. Thank you for the inspiration!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Thanks and I've lost . . .

Thanks Lisa, I do what I can! LOL

Man oh man! I'm so excited and I have no idea where to post this but I lost nine pounds this week! Woot woot! All I did was exercise, log my food and carefully watch what I ate. Time to celebrate with an extra song to dance to today. Come on people . . . join me . . . put on the Electric Slide and turn right into fun exercise!! I should warn you guys . . . I'm a champion dancer . . . in my living room and my head. LOL Thank God for mini blinds!!!!!

Sarah709
Old 01-11-2013, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

Go you!!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Sarah709,

That is AWESOME!!! Way to go. What a great start. I'm dancing with you
Old 01-11-2013, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Originally Posted by ahappieru
Sarah709,

That is AWESOME!!! Way to go. What a great start. I'm dancing with you
Yea baby! Great! I'm glad I'm paying attention to actual nutrition and behavior changes because I didn't go hungry one single time and it's getting more natural feeling. Slide to the left . . .
Sarah709

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.