Notices

Newbie Here

Old 12-13-2012, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie Here

Hi. I just wanted to come on and introduce myself.
My name is Laura and I am starting what is probably the 20th attempt to lose weight and get healthy. I am 35 years old and have been battling my weight since I was 20. I am currently more than 100 lbs overweight and have hit the bottom. A co-worker lost her husband yesterday to a heart attack at age 47 and that really hit me. I did not know this person very well, but I was quickly reminded that life is short and we cannot take our health for granted.

So I am here and ready to make the necessary changes to finally get myself healthy. Right now I am starting by trying to get in a walk in the neighborhood every day - or, since I live in MN and it's winter, getting on the Wii Fit or some other fitness inside daily. My eating plan is called the "No S" plan. It's something I found in a library book awhile back. Basically, you have no seconds, no sweets and no snacks except on days beginning with "s". This would include Saturdays and Sundays, as well as "special" days such as birthdays and holidays. The "no seconds" is self explanatory as is the "no snacks". These two really help me out, because my main problem isn't what I eat, it's how much. The "non sweets" portion does not mean no sugar at all, but it does mean nothing overt such as cake, pie, cookies, candy, ice cream, etc. Anything that would normally be considered a treat rather than a normal part of a healthy diet. It's worked for me in the past and I'm looking forward to trying again.

The other main factor for me is water. I don't drink near enough. I'm going to really try to up my water intake in the next couple of months to help with the loss.

I look forward to meeting those who are sharing in my struggle of losing weight. I know that with the support of my wonderful husband and family and all of you here I can do it this time!!!

Laura
Old 12-14-2012, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Laura! If you'd like, we have a 7 day motivational thread over in the women's only section (although it's not just women in the conversation) if you'd like to join. We post weekly goals and generally offer support. Feel free to jump in!