New and struggling >

New and struggling

Community
Notices

New and struggling

Old 11-25-2012, 07:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default New and struggling

I just joined FitDay today and I hope it is what I need to get my motivation reved. I have a problem with food and am having trouble getting a handle on it. I love to eat and I crave chocolate, but fast food is my weakness.

I rejoined the gym about a month ago and am working out 2 days a week, and am trying to increase it to 3 days. I have been doing fair on my food, until Thanksgiving and a vacation have ruined everything I worked for. I have regained my motivation though and am ready to move on.

I need encouragement and advise. I especially need advice on breakfast on the go... This seems to be the meal that kills me almost everyday. What do you pack that is filling and satisfing??

I have about 100lbs to lose and I need to start now. I intend to join a fitness competition in January and want to be ready to take it on. The program offers working out with a fitness coordinator and a group of other people. My friend joined it last year and after the 10 weeks she had new habits and has lost 97lbs and looks great.

HELP!!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

My advice would be to take it one day at a time. Some days I'm a little frustrated at how much weight I have to lose (I'd like to lose 80) and the scale doesn't move.

For breakfast on the go...I've heard of breakfast muffins. I've nver tried making them so I'm not sure how satisfying they are. What about breakfast burritos--eggs and vegetables. Protein keeps you fuller longer. Apples are good too.

Good for you signing up for a gym program. Look forward to hearing all about it

Jenn
Old 11-25-2012, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

I'm a new member too. I usually have a banana, or apple crisps. I bring raisins with me to the gym, or grapes.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:59 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I have over 100 to lose as well.. try a high protein drink for breakfast.. fast, easy and will keep you full if it has alot of protein.. Muscle Milk light is a great one the chocolate is awesome. by not having carbs in the morning especially your blood sugar stays even and the insulin low and you won't crave
Old 11-29-2012, 12:27 PM
FitDay Member

For breakfast; Greek yogurt is very good.High in protein. and creamy.
I like Chobani among other brands.
You could try having a boiled egg, or two.You can buy a bag of Eggland's Best already boiled if you tend to be short on time.I have a boiled egg, and a Wasa cracker for breakfast sometimes.
I would just avoid having to much Carbs if that makes you feel like you're having cravings, or a bit of a crash later.Some people eat a bowl of cereal, or packaged sugary oatmeal and feel the effects later.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:39 PM

I agree with those that have said to have protein for breakfast, and eggs are a good way to go. My nutritionist recommended the other day making a breakfast sandwich, so I make 1 egg, ham, and a slice of ultra thin cheese on a whole grain english muffin. They have been holding me over until lunch time. But if you don't have time to make something like that, maybe you can boil some eggs on the weekend, put them in the fridge and just take one or two out each morning. That with some yogurt and maybe a piece of fruit would be a very good well balanced breakfast. I also do like a nice bowl of hearty oatmeal, but I make mine from quick oats and not those sugary packets. I use 1-2 tsp stevia, 2 tsp of brown sugar, 2 Tbsp of raisins, 1/2 c oats and 1 c milk. It's very filling and takes less than 5 minutes to get everything out, cook it in the microwave and put everything away. I've also got over 100 lbs to lose. I try not to look at the big picture though. I just focus on 10 lb mini goals. It makes it easier, and feels good when you hit those marks.