Notices

Juicing?

Old 11-14-2012, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Juicing?

Anyone on here juice? Trying to determine the best way to calculate those calories and input here. Appreciate any advice!
Old 11-25-2012, 04:23 PM
FitDay Member

Default No

I prefer smoothies over juicing. You get the whole fruit/vegetable and all of it's nutrients. When you "juice", you're losing some of the best stuff.

Coach Rollie

Last edited by cjohnson728; 11-26-2012 at 12:28 AM. Reason: link removed per terms of use
Old 11-26-2012, 12:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Juicing?

A few years ago I had a referral to see a dietician. The only advice that stuck with me from that visit was:
  • Eat a healthy breakfast.
  • Don't drink your calories.
To this day I consider that sage advice.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:42 PM
FitDay Member

Juicing removes most of the beneficial portion of the fruits i.e. skin and pulp!!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:15 AM

I asked my nutritionist about juicing just the other day. Instead of juicing she recommends an extractor because it pulverizes the whole food, including the pulp and skin, into a liquid and you get all the nutrients of a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. It will even pulverize all kinds of nuts and seeds like flax and chia seeds so fine it will go through a strainer. Also can add protein powder and stuff like that. She recommended a particular brand to me, but I don't know if I'm allowed to say it here, so if it's a no-no I can just get edited. But she recommended the Nutribullet. I watched the video on it, and read a lot of customer reviews. I asked Santa for one for Christmas.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Katelb
I'm a juicer and what I do is just make a "custom food" and add all the ingredients into it. It's true you don't get the fiber but the micro-nutrients are amazing! If a person eats properly AND juices a time or two a day, they get all the fiber they need plus the extra power-punch from the juice.