Notices

Hi, I'm a newby

Old 10-24-2012, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi, I'm a newby

Just found this site and so far it is a great site. Looking to get back to the new "old" me. I know that I'll never be that young think that I was in my early 20's, but.....I would like to get as close as possible.
I'm hoping this site will help me out as I can log in each day and log all food and activity. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for any help/advice.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

WELCOME!
Jump into some of the other threads like 'Did you exercise today' in the Exercise section and the '7 Day Motivational Thread' in the Womens Section. It will help you feel more connected with others who are on the same path.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default thanks

thanks for the welcome.
It's been a rough week due to work schedule is all over the place. Tried to get workouts in whenever I could, even when I was cleaning the house.
Started a home Zumba class and I'm not impressed with it because I feel like such a lard butt and cannot move my body like those pretty little size 2's can. Soooo glad I'm not in a work out studio where everyone can see my fat jiggle. I am very self conscience (sp) about my body. But I made a promise to my husband that I would stick it out for one month and see what happens.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Ralphie81,

Six months ago I started my first exercise class mostly because I was having back problems. It was hard but when I was at my third class I said to my self "If I am going to kill myself in this class I am going to make it work for me". I joined fitday and started eating better. Now I am down 30#, I can finally do push ups from a plank (couldn't do any before), I can do all the jack knifes asked to do (was very hard in the beginning), and I am ready to use heavier weights. What I am trying to say is things take time give it more than a month I know you will be glad you did. You can do it...............I wish I had tried harder when I was in my twenties.......... life's regrets . Come back and let us know how your doing