Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
I can do this - with a little help.... >

I can do this - with a little help....

Community
Notices

I can do this - with a little help....

Old 09-16-2012, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Smile I can do this - with a little help....

Hi, my name is Belinda and I am new to FitDay. I hope that tracking my progress will help me see (quickly) where I am off track so that I can make the needed course corrections to meet my 43lb weight-loss goal.

I have tried to lose weight before and have been somewhat successful but I am still not at my goal weight. I recently ended a 1.5 year relationship in which I spent way to much time focused on him and his needs and not enough on my needs. So here I am and I am focused on me, my health and my happiness.

I've read a few posts and I think I am going to like it here. Should I purchase the Prim package? Are the reports and extras really helpful? Any other tips or suggestions for getting the most out of this tool?

I am 54
In good physical condition
5' 6''
Started weight-loss on Sat 9/14/2012
Starting weight is 188.8
Goal weight is 145
I am shaped like a pear so another goal is to lose 8 inches in my hips/thighs, which will be hard work
Old 09-18-2012, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome. Hopefully we can help keep you motivated to reach your goals. If you are exercising feel free to join us in the 'Did you exercise today' Thread in the Exercise section.

I am on the free version so can't help you much with advice about the Premier version. There are several here that are on Premium, and there is a Thread in the Newcomers section neat the top that tell about it.

As far as getting the most from Fitday, I believe the most important part is to make it a habit. Log all your food, everyday. Be honest with yourself, Log your exercise, set a reasonable weight goal that has a calorie deficit that you are comfortable attaining.

Last edited by rpmcduff; 09-18-2012 at 02:59 AM. Reason: readability
Old 09-18-2012, 03:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome! I joined the Premium version because I found that the advertisements were annoying enough to me that I wasn't logging as often as I should, and I wanted to set some custom nutrition goals - but I am probably hyper-allergic to ads There are lots of people with inspiring stories of weight loss and fitness who use the free one!