Notices

worried

Old 08-08-2012, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default worried

Hi everyone. About a year and a half ago I lost over 20 lb. However I sloowwwly gained back 18 of those pounds. I currently am back over 200 and I need to get control of myself again. I used fitday food and activity log to keep track of my calorie deficit and stay on track. I am scared and mad at myself. I am a teacher and I had hoped to lose the weight before school started again but of course I am right where I have been all year. I need encouragement and I need someone to bug me when I slide. I LOVE food but I hate my big tummy.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Like you I have had my own regressions. I went from a low of 223 back to 240 before I again woke up. I have come to the realization that I need to change my attitude toward food. I have choosen to take the approach that I can eat anything I want but I can't eat in the quantities that I used to. I still eat birthday cake and ice cream at family dinners but only a small (or least smaller) quantity than I previously did. That way I don't feel like I have missed out on anything. I know I need to work out, not just for weight loss but also because I feel better and sleep better when I do.

You've done it before you can do it again. With a realization that you can't ever go back to just following your old habits when it comes to food your efforts can be permanent. The womens section has a weekly motivational thread (I lurk there, although I would be welcome) where you can be accountable and a part of a bigger support group.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks Ron!

Ron, thanks so much for your response. I checked out WW but oh the $$!!! So I have to decide to choose what I eat and how I behave based on the bigger picture and not just on the pleasure of the moment! Thanks so much, I will be checking your progress as I hope you will check mine.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

Mrs. Blackk,

You don't need any outside programs. You know what you need to do, and by doing it yourself and managing your own life and not relying on a "Program" has huge rewards. You can do this. It is hard, but so is everything that is worth something.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by frenchhen3
Mrs. Blackk,

You don't need any outside programs. You know what you need to do, and by doing it yourself and managing your own life and not relying on a "Program" has huge rewards. You can do this. It is hard, but so is everything that is worth something.
I really agree with this. Doing it yourself is so rewarding and to me it is more educational to learn the real numbers (carbs, protein, fat) than just some point system. This way you can eat anything that you want and see how it really works into your plan.

Oh and I second the women's motivational thread. That is where I am most often!