Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
Old Newcomer (caution:  soap box) >

Old Newcomer (caution: soap box)

Community
Notices

Old Newcomer (caution: soap box)

Old 07-15-2012, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Old Newcomer (caution: soap box)

Some time ago I used fitday to count calories and lost around 10 lbs. Then I stopped using it; I'm 39 and have returned to school several years ago to obtain a MS degree as well as working full time and trying to keep up with a family. So anyway, I had 'a lot on my plate' (figuratively and literally ) so I stopped for a while but managed to keep off what I had lost. Now I've passed my comps and am about done with school and am returning to finish what I started. Actually I think that I will set a goal of 10 lbs and then reevaluate where I am. It seemed easier to keep the 10 lbs off then it has when I've lost larger amounts of weight. Technically I started out as obese and am now overweight. I think I will be comfortable around 145 (I am now 170)... I'm 5'2.5" . I'm a huge emotional eater. As soon as things get overwhelming, I tend to numb out with food.... comfort food. So, I'm glad to be back and to have a place to get ideas, support, and inspiration. I tend to think that I don't have time to exercise and plan healthy meals but really what could take priority above my health? Time to stop lying to myself and to start loving my body. That's another difference this time; I love my body instead of being in a war with it. If I hate my body (whether it is too fat or too skinny or too scarred or too covered in stretch marks or whatever) then subconsciously I am setting myself up to continue to hurt myself... plus, it's hell.... hating oneself. I want to feel good, to have energy, to be healthy because what else do we have but our lives? I am not going to come at this as, "I will be acceptable when I lose weight." but rather, "In this moment I love myself and therefore I will work WITH my body." I would never want my daughter to judge herself based upon her body and I would want her to engage in healthy activities because I love her. Why would I treat myself any less than that? Okay, off my soap box now. I'm glad to be back! (not sure what my old username and password were so I reregistered
Old 07-15-2012, 08:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I like your soapbox speech! Welcome back!
Old 07-18-2012, 12:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by JaimeMWS
I like your soapbox speech! Welcome back!

ME TOO! welcome back
Old 07-24-2012, 08:46 AM
FitDay Member

I liked what you had to say. I am 44yrs old, 5'2" and 170lbs. My goal is to lose 40lbs. 24 yrs ago(before i got married, had 2 kids, and lost myself) i used to run 7 miles a day for fun. Now I'm trying to get back into running, I used to love it, at this point I'm not sure why. But I keep trying to discover that love again. I did a 5k on saturday,7/21/12 and I finished it, but it was NOT pretty.